Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Athlon II/Phenom II support Dell Inspiron 531
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-13-2009, 03:21 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hardware wise, the original Phenoms were AM2+ sockets with the upgraded hyper transport, so as long as the anthlon !! doesn't exceed wattage on the socket, and the bios flash works, I would say green lights are in your future.

TheWiz

I also have the Inspiron 531S, however, my bios is 1.0.13. I've noticed the impressing list you've created of CPU supported by the modded BIOS. I'd like to be updated as to how this works out for everyone.

mew905

I'll be buying the Athlon II X4 620 in the next couple weeks (some massive bills ATM) but I'll definitely post back. Socket can go up to 125w but apparently there's some heat issues (with the 6400+, the 6000+ works without overheating), so we'll just have to see I guess Smile
I don't really remember the models for the Athlon II to well but I would go with a 65w proccessor thats fast, but its your call.

TheWiz
Has someone tried this? I have a phenom ii black edition 3 Ghz processor just sitting here begging me to use it, can someone confirm?
Well I'm not saying that you ahve to risk your system or anything, but its people like yourself with an interest who help confirm its working so that we can make it the best we can.

Thanks,
TheWiz
So I am trying this mod. I also am not able to get the bios on my 531s to update. Currently I am stuck at ver 1.0.8. When I boot of this cd, I get "no drives found, aborting installation" Device driver not found: 'TOMATO', no valid cdrom device drivers selected. Any thoughts? I am trying to update my bios so I may upgrade my CPU.
Wewll, I would create a bootable USB to get to DOS. I would also HOLD OFF because a lot of new things about this is coming to light, and the version released may not make a difference for the better.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Well, i risked my pc and it seems like it does NOT work at all. I restarted my computer and nothing happens, my monitor just says "No Signal". I'm guessing i killed my motherboard.
(11-28-2009, 05:56 PM)xCYBERKIDx Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i risked my pc and it seems like it does NOT work at all. I restarted my computer and nothing happens, my monitor just says "No Signal". I'm guessing i killed my motherboard.

Remove the small CR2032 BIOS battery (located on the motherboard) and leave it out for approx 30 minutes. Reinstall and then power it up and see what happens. If you get lucky, it will work. If you are not lucky it will take a new motherboard or BIOS chip. Good luck!

BIOS chip on ebay!
(11-29-2009, 01:06 PM)sykospaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2009, 05:56 PM)xCYBERKIDx Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i risked my pc and it seems like it does NOT work at all. I restarted my computer and nothing happens, my monitor just says "No Signal". I'm guessing i killed my motherboard.

Remove the small CR2032 BIOS battery (located on the motherboard) and leave it out for approx 30 minutes. Reinstall and then power it up and see what happens. If you get lucky, it will work. If you are not lucky it will take a new motherboard or BIOS chip. Good luck!

BIOS chip on ebay!

Thank you, but i'm having trouble removing it, i can't figure out how and i don't want to force it out. Never mind i got it out.
Pages: 1 2 3