Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Athlon II/Phenom II support Dell Inspiron 531
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No Luck, I'm just going to end up buying a new motherboard.
You can asked a bios service or store to fix your bios.

mew905

So how do I go about making the contribution? Also, I wonder if there has been any progress as to the success rates of CPU support mods.

EDIT: nevermind, I found the donate button at the top of the home page. There you go, the $20 I promised you. Smile
So does this actually work? one of the posts mentioned it not working and actually bricking a mobo.
(10-06-2010, 11:19 PM)jorge89 Wrote: [ -> ]So does this actually work? one of the posts mentioned it not working and actually bricking a mobo.

Jorge89 , whats important to remember is just because someone flashes it and reports a success it does NOT eliminate all the normal risks associated with a bios flash!

The only way is to try

Admin
Is there a way to find out the likeliness of this mod bricking my mobo? this is my only computer and if I killed the mobo my wife wouldn't be very happy with me Tongue
I'd also like to know if this mod will allow overclocking?
the only way is to try and cross your fingers Tongue

This board does have its overclocking options hidden but unlocking them makes it unstable and it bricked everytime so no this mod doesnt allow for overclocking.

Admin
I advise against flashing this for several reasons I will not mention at this moment. To take a proper look at it and give you a fully detailed, please post the latest BIOS for this board.

Thanks,
TheWiz
(10-08-2010, 07:59 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]the only way is to try and cross your fingers Tongue

This board does have its overclocking options hidden but unlocking them makes it unstable and it bricked everytime so no this mod doesnt allow for overclocking.

Admin

Just wondering has there been any success with mod by any one.. been googling around cant seem to find any info. i have a 531 with a 550 ti and running a amd 2.7 x2, so far its ok but,, an extra core or two would be nice. Ive seen that after market m-atx fit just fine in the case,and that a 546 dell motherboard fits aswell.could the 546 bios be moded/used on the 531?

546 SUPPORTED PROCESSOR: Socket AM2, AMD Sempron, AMD Phenom x4, Athlon II 64x2, Athlon 64x4
Pages: 1 2 3