Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Pegatron M2N68-LA/HP Narra(2)-GL8E: CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I'm assuming you used the Denab 945 95W? Anyways you should be able to mount the fan from the HP and it will still cool down fine. Its probably recognized in CPUID because it can access the SN of the CPU, but the bios doesnt have the string for the CPU, and like I said its only worth modding the bios if you have spare chips, especially because AMI is fragile with AGESA updates. Please attach a CPUID report and do a detailed job with your experience throughout the week.

P.S. If the 945 95W works, so will all the others Smile
TheWiz
Yes the Deneb 945-95w. One week running, minor Windows related problems- DRM issues due to changed hardware config, didn't do clean Windows install. Seems like temps are a little high- idles at ~54C and hits 67C running Cinebench 11.5 and GTA4 for 2 hours. Might have to go aftermarket for the CPU cooler. Not sure which format to put the CPUID report in txt or HTML, so I'll attach both. Also unsure if BIOS chip removable-it's stuck in sideways between the jumper pins- probably HP's idea of a joke. I haven't done anything with nTune, just been running stock. Just let me know any other info needed.
This is the model# fo the CPU-HDX945WFGMBOX. Using the fan that came with the CPU, tried the stock one and they are about the same. Windows Performance scores 5.9 across the board in Vista, which is max , I hear the scores go up to 7.9 in Windows 7. Game performance is better- increase of 5 fps in GTA4 benchmark with CPU @82%, RAM @67% and VRAM @93%. This was at the old settings for my Athlon 64 X2 5000+. I'll run another on auto settings.
How is the CPU doin'? Any issue?
No problems so far. Good performance in most applications, I'm guessing that some aren't coded to utilise multi-core processors. Temps have come down- idles @44C and gets up to 56C during heavy use. Overall I'm pleased with the results.
About the cooling, are you using the fan came with the CPU with the power with a 4-prong and the mobo is 3- it? I know, that the 4-progn is just to control the fan speed and might be use with the 3-pron mobo. Let me know.
Thx in advice.
I'm using the 4pin. With how hot it was running I decided to keep it on, I'm assuming it is running at 100%, though I can't seem to find any software that will tell me the true speed. The fan is very quiet so even if it runs at 100% all the time it's okay with me.
(08-10-2010, 08:18 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]As warned before, most likely the CPU you put in has a TDP of 125W and is automatically being downclocked to prevent your mobo from starting on fire. TThe 125W models will destroy a 95W socket design, so if its anything more it will not work with a BIOS update or not.

TheWiz

Bump.

I just found this sight. Awesome!

Any movement on this microcode update to add Phenom II? I thought this was an Award Bios.

Randyo
Yes it is an Award BIOS and even though it comes up as CPU Unknown a 95W phenom will work. It is easy to fix that, but I would need someone to risk a flash or test it before distribuitng. The only reason I held off was because they got it working without a flash.

TheWiz
hello all im new to the forum, i have this motherboard as well m2n68-la narra 3. i tried upgrading to the phenom ii x4 945 from an athlon 64 x2 440+, but it wont boot, it has the 5.10 bios and i have tried to update the bios with 5.13 but just will not run in windows or dos.

can anyone provide some help, thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4