Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wait a moment I will check all !
I reply here quickly
Ok open your Bios result file and You'll find the same :

PDR Region does not exist
GBE Region does not exist

Error 28 can be bypassed using prr.exe

do the flash manualy so execute this comand one for time :

1. prr.exe (hit enter then look what It wrote on screen)
2. fpt -f bios.bin -bios (hit enter then look what It wrote on screen)

report to me all

regards
Just flashed this BIOS on my G780 without any problems.
AIDA64 says that it is 2.03 version. Is it fine?
Because i used 8.04 and then 9.01
(06-20-2014, 01:20 PM)SpeedBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Just flashed this BIOS on my G780 without any problems.
AIDA64 says that it is 2.03 version. Is it fine?
Because i used 8.04 and then 9.01

Which Bios friend ?
2.03 is the version I posted for Bartgrefte :

5ECN33WW(2.03) NWL ADV Bartgrefte Mod !!!
You have cloned his laptop data on Your ! It will work anyway, only You have lost your personal data !
Let me know if all is ok, if Menu Tabs are Unlocked amd No Whitelist is working !
I you have a Bios Backup i can recover your data reflashing back your bios modded !
Let me know
Regards
Then BIOS you just sent: http://rghost.net/56489263
I had a bug with 9.01 with wireless connection after restart and decided to flash this one.
Thats why i'm here Smile

ps: just went to BIOS and bios version is 2.03 but EC version is 9.01
I dunno what is EC version, but maybe everything is okey Smile
(06-20-2014, 01:26 PM)SpeedBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Then BIOS you just sent: http://rghost.net/56489263
I had a bug with 9.01 with wireless connection after restart and decided to flash this one.
Thats why i'm here Smile

ps: just went to BIOS and bios version is 2.03 but EC version is 9.01
I dunno what is EC version, but maybe everything is okey Smile

EC = Embedded Controller is a controller using own Code to check Bios integrity, Bios Regions etc.
We can try to align both, but I need an your Bios Backup of 9.01 (the last one)
anyway there is no problem, I hope Bios is Unlocked now !
Regards
I have original BIOS 9.01 and modified one based on original from this topic.
I don't have backup from 9.01 version.
Which one do you need?
(06-20-2014, 01:10 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a moment I will check all !
I reply here quickly
Ok open your Bios result file and You'll find the same :

PDR Region does not exist
GBE Region does not exist

Error 28 can be bypassed using prr.exe

do the flash manualy so execute this comand one for time :

1. prr.exe (hit enter then look what It wrote on screen)
2. fpt -f bios.bin -bios (hit enter then look what It wrote on screen)

report to me all

regards
Well, before I read your edit, I unintentionally started the update, I entered "exit ENTER" (since it's DOS...) to exit the BIOS-flasher batch but that started the update......which finished without errors during the actual flashing Huh

At first glance, it does seem to have workedSmile During startup, I still see the "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it."-error, but only for a fraction of a second, then it continues starting the OS. Tried both Mint and W7 (dual boot setup) and they both now seem to be able to detect (and hopefully connect) to 5GHz networks Big Grin

[Image: LenovoG780-5ghz-wifi.jpg]

That's the only 5GHz network I can pick up, and it's not mine since I haven't switched yet. Compare that to the no less than 210(!) interfering networks on the 2.4GHz band that I am able to pick up inside the house using a AWUS036NH. Now you know why I want to switch Tongue

Anyway, thanks for the modBig Grin

Now to figure out how why the Windows device manager is reporting two devices that can't start: Bluetooth-audio and Bluetooth Remote Control, both have Broadcom listed as manufacturer. Strange, since I removed the Broadcom card that was originally in this laptop and replaced it with an Intel wifi-card.

edit: Wow, what the [censored] (I can't say h e ll?) happened to the BIOS? I just wanted the whitelist removed, not a complete makeover?! What's with all the extra menus and options that weren't there before? Huh
(06-20-2014, 01:49 PM)SpeedBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I have original BIOS 9.01 and modified one based on original from this topic.
I don't have backup from 9.01 version.
Which one do you need?

If You haven't a Backup I cannot recover Your Data, so if all is working
I think You can leave It as You get now without problem !
Let me know
Regards
(06-20-2014, 02:14 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Let me know

I think, let's leave it as is if 2.01 is not a problem, as you say. BTW the wifi connection problem looks like has disappeared.
Thanks for support!
BDMaster,

What can I say? It worked flawlessly! Your work was superb, and I will gladly recommend you, and this site to anyone in need of what you can provide. You have been nothing but a major help from the start, and with zero problems. Other some strange flashing text for about a half second during boot, which is just a minor nuisance, the mod has worked flawlessly.

I have already successfully installed a new network card, and it works beautifully.

Again, thank you very much for your hard work, and for free too? You are all amazing.

Thank you again!

PS: To anyone contemplating if it is worth the time to make the account and a request, with a little computer knowledge, you will be fine. Just follow the steps you are given carefully. These guys are awesome. Highly recommended!