Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 (45CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hi,

thats funny, because the latest bios you posted (the original) was also patched to remove whitelist.
Are you sure that was the original bios?

However, the patch seems okay. Maybe you should really give the Pin 20 a chance.

Or you revert to the original bios and post the results here and I make a patch of exactly your bios.
It is always dangerous to patch a Bios from someone else (f.e. SLIC Data may get corrupted)

Greetings

ZabbensX
(03-24-2015, 03:13 AM)ZabbensX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

thats funny, because the latest bios you posted (the original) was also patched to remove whitelist.

However, the patch seems okay. Maybe you should really give the Pin 20 a chance.

Or you revert to the original bios and post the results here and I make a patch of exactly your bios.
It is always dangerous to patch a Bios from someone else (f.e. SLIC Data may get corrupted)

Greetings

ZabbensX

that's interesting, ok what i did, before i sent you the file, was find the latest BIOS available for my pc from the Lenovo website and patched it, then sent you the Results. so that information should be from the original unpatched bios.
(03-24-2015, 03:13 AM)ZabbensX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Greetings

ZabbensX

The last one i sent you was the original with no mod bios.
Hi,

i'll check the ROM again, did you test the PIN 20 trick? Some mods need it!

Greetings

ZabbensX
(03-25-2015, 01:49 AM)ZabbensX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

i'll check the ROM again, did you test the PIN 20 trick? Some mods need it!

Greetings

ZabbensX

no i did not. can you specify if do or not need it? i don't want to do harm to the card.
No can't specifiy it closer, a harm is nearly unlikely.
Just isolate Pin 20 and give it a try.

Greetings ZabbensX
(03-25-2015, 09:27 AM)ZabbensX Wrote: [ -> ]No can't specifiy it closer, a harm is nearly unlikely.
Just isolate Pin 20 and give it a try.

Greetings ZabbensX

Will try it today and report back. Thanks!
Dear Mods,

I am using a Lenovo Z570 laptop. It came with a Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter. It became faulty and I replaced it with a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

The bios came with the laptop: Pheonix securecore Tiano Version: 45CN38WW

Before installing the new card I applied the bios version: 45CN38WW_NWL_ByCamiloml

It worked fine for a day. After that it causes random freeze or lock ups. If I disable the new Wi-Fi adapter in the device manager the system runs fine.

As my Broadcom was faulty I am unable to find it's device id. But assuming that it would be the same for all models, I find this from another member's post.

Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter 
VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051B14E4

And for the new card I have two device id's listed in the device manager.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B3&SUBSYS_00708086&REV_83
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B3&SUBSYS_00708086

In case if needed this is the id for Bluetooth Intel Wireless
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001
Because some forums they suggested this also can cause the problems.

Link for the original Bios:
http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dri...CN38WW.exe

Please assist me in fixing this
Thanks
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file here :

http://rghost.net/7xBfRPCvp

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards
I have temporarily disabled my Wi-Fi to avoid freeze. Should I enable it while running this tool?

Thanks
Diimaan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17