Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Intel DG41AN micro code update for Xeon (LGA771)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello! I purchased a DG41AN motherboard and an Xeon L5420 processor. What do I need to modify BIOS? I understand that it will fulfill what you indicated in this post - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...#pid149128 and forward to you? @DeathBringer
Read this thread attentively.
I'm very sorry to necro this thread, but a similar motherboard should be arriving at my doorstep in a day or so. Could use a Xeon bios, if you please. Not similar, this exact board. I picked it up for its size, very compact...has DDR3 support, and yknow...socket 775. I plan to put Xeon L5140 SLBBS from Aliexpress in it. SLBBS seems to be the coldest out of two. Knowing how barebone the bios from Intel usually is, it'd be the ideal CPU. CPU itself has yet to arrive from Ali, that should take a month or so, in the meantime, the replacement for that Xeon can be anything, really. As long as it isn't some Pentium E.
Mod didn't really work. It only boots with whatever CPU was already there, Pent E5700. Was that BIOS patch some universal thing for all the Xeons or just a specific few? Xeon L5140 hasn't arrived yet. E5450 I tried...didn't even post. As well as some Core 2 Duo I had laying around, E7600.
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
I cannot boot (With the Xeon or E7600), nor do I have Windows installed. I literally just picked up this board from delivery 25 mins ago. Best I can do right now is to flash that BIOS mod thing.
Use any Windows Live DVD/USB with CPU-Z
Trying to "rufus" a copy of Win 7. One question, is that mod compatible with E5450 SLBBM?
No screenshot - no help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7