Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hi i need a bios mod for a dell optiplex gx620 so it will support core 2 duo cpus.

thanks
Sorry but we currently cant mod dell bioses , with the exception of the inspiron 530 / vostro 400 which uses award , all other dells have a special Dell bios Sad

We're still looking into it and making small progress but nowhere near CPU Microcode related mods for Dells yet! Sad

Sorry
Admin
Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot online about the chipset of my GX620 being technically able to support Core 2 Duos, but it is not allowed by Dell. However besides the Processor restriction (and some issues with memory mapping) I love my machine. Also cash is tight right now and I can't afford to buy another one that can outbeat what I've done to it so far. So any support with getting the bios to take a Core 2 Duo or better would be great! In addition to anyone who is snooping around in the bios file, if the memory mapping feature could be turned completely OFF! it would be much appreciated, possibly even more than the C2D support. The trick is however, my machine I believe is glitched, and is able to recognize, and boot into into windows 7 with, 8GB of ram instead of 4GB. I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that the board can recognize 2 GB sticks in each slot. So keeping this "glitch" in the modded bios is very important. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this. I'm even willing to mod them myself if anyone can guild me through the process! Big Grin

Here is the link: http://support.dell.com/support/download....aspx?c=us&cs=RC978219&l=en&s=slg&catid=&impid=&os=WW1&osl=en&SystemID=PLX_GX620

If any other information on my machine is needed, please let me know.

P.S. : I currently have a Pentium D 840 Extreme Edition sitting in my house, so support for that would be very appreciated as well so I could use it until I get a Core 2 Duo for it.

Thanks again!
I have same computer too, and i want to use better processors like core2 ones.
Here is rom file extracted from EXE
http://www.2shared.com/file/H_b9P4jk/DEL..._BIOS.html
Thanks for the rom. I'm having problems opening it though. What software should I use?

I think that only way to mod dell bios is HEX editor
(08-21-2011, 09:03 AM)Teurastaja Wrote: [ -> ]I think that only way to mod dell bios is HEX editor

If that's the case then I'm not even going to attempt this lol. I'd have no idea where to start or what to look for to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks anyway though Smile
Is someone able to do this ?
Bump. It would be awesome if this could happen!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6