Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Thinkstation S30 Ivy Bridge Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Please add Ivy Bridge CPU support to this BIOS 

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/think...361usa.zip

There are apparently two different machines being sold as the Thinkstation S30, the 43XX series which support Ivy Bridge (Xeon E5-26XX V2 CPUs) and the 05XX series (which I have, only supports E5-26XX V1 cpus)
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(01-07-2018, 01:42 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

might take a little bit, it's running macOS 10.13.2 and all of my SATA ports are populated and set up as a massive RAID0+Fusion drive.  Is Windows to go still a thing, or did M$ bail on that idea?  I might be able to bootcamp the SSD portion of my fusion drive, but I'm going to need to make a Time Machine backup first.
Use Windows LiveCD
BTW: Tell exact model number
(01-07-2018, 01:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Use Windows LiveCD

In the process of building out a Windows To Go USB.  Stand by...
(01-07-2018, 01:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Use Windows LiveCD
[Image: AVFNZPd.png]

[Image: h7SdckD.png]

My computer model number is Thinkstation S30 M1-M 0568-47U.  Serial Number is MJPPLLH if that helps.  I've also included the .txt report from CPU-Z just in case.  I'd really rather not have to reboot into Windows again as every time I do, it borks the bootloader.  The UEFI implementation on this workstation is wonky, anytime you boot an OS, it adds an entry to the EFI boot list (without a menu in BIOS to adjust said boot list).  Also, fun fact: it REQUIRES the first boot entry to be named either "Windows Boot Manager" or "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or it will refuse to boot on its own, throwing a super un-helpful 1962 error.  In order to fix my bootloader after booting Windows (or Redhat for that matter) I have to boot another Linux distro, eg; Ubuntu and create a dummy entry in EFI, eg;

sudo efibootmgr -c -d /dev/sda -p 1 -l '\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi' -L "Windows Boot Manager"

but anyway...
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
Did you tried to flash BIOS for ThinkStation S30 (type 4351, 4352)?
Have you hardware programmer to recover BIOS?
(01-08-2018, 04:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.

[Image: PDv4C7s.png]
No such luck
Try to set custom size: 8192K & 16284K
(01-09-2018, 03:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to set custom size: 8192K & 16284K

I tried dumping it with a bunch of different settings.  Let me know if this works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UM7o7yF...sp=sharing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5