Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 CPU Support Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Really sorry to hear that mate, I would definitely give Gigabyte a call and say what happened, I've never even ehard of that b4.

TheWiz
I would like to kindly ask, it is possibly to run any Phenom's II on GA-M59SLI-S5? I have this MB, and I would like to try run Phenom II on this Gigabyte.
There is a pretty good shot its doable but we need someone with a spare bios chip who is willing to test our mod progress.
Hey, it's me the thread starter.

Sorry for being inactive. My board is modded for Dual BIOS, but I've been snowed in with work lately and can't really help out. Otherwise I'd love to test some BIOSes :/

edit: Oh sorry, I confused this with the M57SLI-S4. Never mind then. :[
Okay lets find and propose several BIOS for GA-M59SLI-S5. I will try to get programmer where I can make backup of actual BIOS and then I will try.
Give me some time, please Smile

And maybe we (multiple of users and customers of Gigabyte) will ask official support Gigabyte why there is now newer BIOSE for AM2+ Cpu's? We know that GA S5 can handle with X 3 and X4.

Hey all

I looked into GA-M59SLI-S5 today and there is no doubt that it can handle the
955/965 but it would be in the same boat as the ASUS M2N series.

The reason the GA-M57SLI-S4 supports AM3 is due to it having a 3+1 phase design

I will also have a look at modding the GA-M59SLI-S5 bios if people are willing 2 test Smile

Thanks
Ej52

I would like to tray. Not yet, but in next 3 months. I need to buy Phenom II and get my old computer to on (P III 1 Ghz 928 Mb ram Smile

@ej52
Please tell me what does it mean - "it would be in the same boat" (I am not from US or England)
(08-19-2010, 12:56 PM)cacum3 Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me what does it mean - "it would be in the same boat" (I am not from US or England)

I mean the GA-M59SLI-S5 will have the same problem as the M2N series
which requires you to set the CPU with software(Nvidia System Tools) due
to the board only having a single power plane.

Demand for new BIOS for GA-M59SLI-S5 at http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/nontech.asp
Try to argue, that they will lost new customers. Via forums, where informations spreads very fast.
Man I just had this motherboard die on me today. Blah. Its all in the timing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6