Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: M2NPV-VM to support Phenom II & Athlon II?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@ free radical

hi we have successfully integrated an updated agesa and this allows any cpus upto 940BE to work and be detected properly. But any AM3 cpus with dual power plane still have incorrected multiplier detection and default to x4 multiplier.

we need to look into somehow overriding this detection bit somewhere in the bios, if you have any ideas?
Reporting a week after I fried my mobo Tongue

The modded bios flashed fine using the ASUS update utility.

I was able to post but I couldn't boot into any OS. On trying to boot into windows, I was greeted with a bsod remarking about dangerous voltages.
I then tried a bootable Linux distro on my optical drive but still no joy. It just showed me an empty command screen and informed me that I could only use a reduced set of commands on my mobo.

Then I reflashed to the stock bios on my mobo's driver cd using the BIOS' ezflash and cleared the CMOS.
The flash went fine but after the computer restarted, I could no longer post.
Nothing brought it back so I RMAed it. Currently waiting for the replacement. Would try again as soon as I get it Big Grin
Yikes!

Which bios file did you flash?
TheWiz gave it to me while chatting, but I had a look at it using cbrom before flashing
I hope he gave you the right bios as you have the M2NPV-VM and the bios we have been working on is the M2N-SLI Deluxe. If you did try to flash the wrong bios that would explain the serious problems.
nope. it was the one for M2NPV-VM only. Confirmed. And I double checked before flashing.
(04-05-2010, 02:58 PM)Free Radical Wrote: [ -> ]nope. it was the one for M2NPV-VM only. Confirmed. And I double checked before flashing.

Did you try all the methods that Ace has outline here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3518748&postcount=262
for clearing/resetting the BIOS to default values? Sometimes I've found that after a flash, if I don't reset it by moving the jumper next to the CMOS battery and/or removing the battery (after unplugging the PSU) that I just get a black screen and can't POST. But after the reset, everything works fine. I think much of it may depend on what the differences are between the existing BIOS image and the new one that is being flashed.
of course I did.
That's common sense Tongue

I have flashed my mobo like a 100 times and have done cmos reset using jumpers, used awdflash, resets etc.
But I guess this was prolly a fluke.
got my mobo back yesterday from rma guys.
This one has a soldered BIOS chip Sad

Have already flashed it a couple of times with my custom bios (without any cpucode mods yet.)
will the new Agesa support the Zosmas?
(04-18-2010, 03:11 AM)Free Radical Wrote: [ -> ]got my mobo back yesterday from rma guys.
This one has a soldered BIOS chip Sad

Have already flashed it a couple of times with my custom bios (without any cpucode mods yet.)
will the new Agesa support the Zosmas?

now we have acquired the new X6 AGESA , im sure we can do something! Smile

Admin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12