Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP A8M2N-LA (Naos) Phenom / Phenom II support request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(12-01-2010, 07:43 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Sad CPU Support for this board must be something to do with ACPI tables. TheWiz has a little knowledge on this but i have none Sad

Hopefully you are able to recover and reflash the original bios

Regards
Admin

Thank you I have restored to the old one but had to replace the CPU first the quad core support did work it was great for the short time maybe you can have the wiz take a look at it if he has some time but I thank you for your time
I have an issue with this motherboard perhaps you can assist me, it has an issue with the ram slots, i think it's the BIOS because others had issues with this same problem where 2 slots dont read and they just bought it, slots 1 and 3 (first blue and first black slots) read but when i stick a ram on either 2 or 4 it wont start but beeps 1 short beep 1 long beep in a cycle.

I am wondering since you worked with this motherboard you think it's possible to mod it to activate the other 2 slots to its limit? if not how about making slot 1 and 3 able to read 2gb ram? (Official site say each slot supports 1gb but doesnt say if its for the purpose of the hardware capable of reading 4gb max without straining it, idk if its 1gb set limit for the slot or it can b 2gb but still can only read 4gb total)

Thanks ahead for the response. Still researching cause i am broke on cash. T.T
(12-06-2010, 10:27 PM)HyomaOtaku Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with this motherboard perhaps you can assist me, it has an issue with the ram slots, i think it's the BIOS because others had issues with this same problem where 2 slots dont read and they just bought it, slots 1 and 3 (first blue and first black slots) read but when i stick a ram on either 2 or 4 it wont start but beeps 1 short beep 1 long beep in a cycle.

I am wondering since you worked with this motherboard you think it's possible to mod it to activate the other 2 slots to its limit? if not how about making slot 1 and 3 able to read 2gb ram? (Official site say each slot supports 1gb but doesnt say if its for the purpose of the hardware capable of reading 4gb max without straining it, idk if its 1gb set limit for the slot or it can b 2gb but still can only read 4gb total)

Thanks ahead for the response. Still researching cause i am broke on cash. T.T

This board will already take 2 gig sticks no mod needed the board can run a max of 8 gigs

I am trying to get my A8M2N-LA (NAOS) to use two sticks and it will not let me after the 3.10 BIOS update, does this seem to be fault in these motherboards?? Is there a better modded BIOS for this motherboard I could go with? Please let me know!!! I read through the posts but am not to sure until I get a recent reply. I appreciate the help!!
Hi robotghoster,

Have you tried the 5.07 BIOS available for this board? It may help you with the instability issue with your memory.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-54579-1

TheWiz
Whats the difference between this bios update: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...pv-56162-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en and this bios update: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-54579-1 for this mobo? I tried to update to Version: 5.07 and it would not let me after I updated to the Version: 3.10. Which one would you say is most recent? And do think it would be better for me to go with a modded version of this bios?
The 5.07 seems to be structured a bit differently then the 3.10. I don't think a modded bios is neccesary, but the 5.07 update is important. Please post what it tells you when you try to update. We can always extract the BIOS update from the installer and you can follow manual flashing procedure from DOS to update.

TheWiz
(06-24-2011, 11:47 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]The 5.07 seems to be structured a bit differently then the 3.10. I don't think a modded bios is neccesary, but the 5.07 update is important. Please post what it tells you when you try to update. We can always extract the BIOS update from the installer and you can follow manual flashing procedure from DOS to update.

TheWiz

I just realized this is for a Windows Vista OS installer in order to update and I am running Windows XP. Do they have any update of this ver 5.07 for WinXP installer?
No they do not have a WinXP installer, so please read on our site how to create the bootable USB with DOS and I will send you the bios image when you are done.

TheWiz
(06-25-2011, 12:22 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]No they do not have a WinXP installer, so please read on our site how to create the bootable USB with DOS and I will send you the bios image when you are done.

TheWiz

Ok I did that, I am ready to receive the bios bin update for DOS.
Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7