Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Tablet (GCETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Hi,

before I get the necessary tools to do do this mod and buy an eGPU setup, I would like to know if the bug causing 100% CPU load with an eGPU + 16GB RAM is fixable with these mods. I've read here of someone who requested it, but I couldn't find feedback or other mentionings of this bug or a fix for it.
Another thing I didn't fully understand, does flashing the mod permanently disable the TPM? And if so, what does that entail (specifically, does this compromise other features like the fingerprint reader)?

Thanks for anyone answering those questions
Kindly fleck
Hi,

i just read the BIOS Chip:
i think its the right one of these both chips to remove the whitelist of the WLAN-Cards?!

[attachment=14527]

Regards!
Hello dear all.

I've found your thread while turning my good old buddy X230 tablet to High Sierra 10.13.5. Everything works, however I found out that the BIOS is locked and I am unable to swap the wifi cards. I googled for sollutions and found quite a few persons advising me to reach back to you and ask for some help or at least an advice.

From what I've read so far, to make my BIOS whitelisted you need to get some files from my laptop but it was not clear what exactly is needed and how to grab it. Would someone be willing to assist and advice what is needed to remove the lock of this laptop?

Another question that might sound silly but would the unlocked BIOS be useful only for my X230 as I am thinking of getting few more from my company and share them with the family? Would the modified BIOS be re-usable or it is per case/computer based on some ID's or other points that are not identical from pc to pc?

Thanks in advance for all the kind assistance Wink
(07-01-2018, 03:42 PM)mikemastercorp Wrote: [ -> ]Hello dear all.

I've found your thread while turning my good old buddy X230 tablet to High Sierra 10.13.5. Everything works, however I found out that the BIOS is locked and I am unable to swap the wifi cards. I googled for sollutions and found quite a few persons advising me to reach back to you and ask for some help or at least an advice.

From what I've read so far, to make my BIOS whitelisted you need to get some files from my laptop but it was not clear what exactly is needed and how to grab it. Would someone be willing to assist and advice what is needed to remove the lock of this laptop?

Another question that might sound silly but would the unlocked BIOS be useful only for my X230 as I am thinking of getting few more from my company and share them with the family? Would the modified BIOS be re-usable or it is per case/computer based on some ID's or other points that are not identical from pc to pc?

Hi
ALL mods is personal!
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
(07-01-2018, 03:48 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2018, 03:42 PM)mikemastercorp Wrote: [ -> ]Hello dear all.

Hi
ALL mods is personal!

Hello Dudu2002. Is there a way for me to get the files needed so that one can share the patched version of my BIOS or I need to have those chips in order to provide what is necessary? I am new to this matter and thought to give it a try but not sure how far I can get using linux or any other tool to get the files needed?
Hi Dudu2002.
Here are my BIOS backup. Please, can you delete all whitelists (wlan, wwan, batteries etc.) and add advanced options (like external GPU)? I have the 2.71 BIOS.
Thank you very much!
Regards
(07-17-2018, 02:59 PM)PyroMaxN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dudu2002.
Here are my BIOS backup. Please, can you delete all whitelists (wlan, wwan, batteries etc.) and add advanced options (like external GPU)? I have the 2.71 BIOS.
Thank you very much!
Regards
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
Hey is there a form for the x230 bios mod? I have a I7 2.9
(07-18-2018, 07:47 PM)Darnrain Wrote: [ -> ]Hey is there a form for the x230 bios mod? I have a I7 2.9
Hi
ALL mods is personal!
Hi Dudu2002, thank you and all the others at Bios-Mods for helping with whitelists, I really appreciate it!

Just ordered the hardware and should upload my X230 bios in a month or so.

Should I update to the  June 26, 2018  (ver. 2.73)? (does it matter?)

Is there a way I can donate or pay for it?

Also, are there instructions for how to do it? I'd be willing to donate some so as the knowledge doesn't get lost. No idea how hard it is to mod a bios, I'm a noob..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36