Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] APP78-CF (Jesse): error unsupported cpu installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(02-29-2016, 11:57 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK, at least you don't need KB2818604 now.

Ok good so now I should put in one dimm memory or uninstall graphics card driver?
Do it separately and test system for stability.
At first test memory: at start-up press F8 to get boot manager:

[Image: windows-boot-manager.jpg]

Press Tab to highlight Memory Diagnostic Tool and press Enter.

[Image: windows-memory-diag.jpg]
(03-01-2016, 02:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do it separately and test system for stability.
At first test memory: at start-up press F8 to get boot manager:

[Image: windows-boot-manager.jpg]

Press Tab to highlight Memory Diagnostic Tool and press Enter.

[Image: windows-memory-diag.jpg]

Not good Deathbringer. I ran the memory diagnostics test and this happened Sad

[Image: Udoseypw.jpg]

[Image: JZ9I1CuK.png]

[Image: avxnxdx4.png]
As I thought.
Boot with one DIMM only at first in slot #1 and test memory again.
Then boot with second DIMM in slot #2 only and test memory again.
(03-01-2016, 11:45 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]As I thought.
Boot with one DIMM only at first in slot #1 and test memory again.
Then boot with second DIMM in slot #2 only and test memory again.

My touchsmart won't even turn on now. I plug power cord into touchsmart and the screen will not turn on nor the fans. The green light near power connector will not light either. The weird thing is that when I unplug power cord from touchsmart the green light lights back up. Is my computer done for after those seizures of colored screens?
Try to install old CPU and only one DIMM.
(03-02-2016, 01:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to install old CPU and only one DIMM.

Touchsmart still will not boot up at all. Again I plugged power cord into touchsmart and the screen will not turn on nor the fans. The green light near power connector will not light either. The weird thing is that when I unplug power cord from touchsmart the green light lights back up. Is my computer done for after those seizures of colored screens?
Your computer don't boot up with old CPU and only one DIMM? Than your motherboard died. BSOD's were symptoms of northbridge faulty.
(03-02-2016, 01:54 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer don't boot up with old CPU and only one DIMM? Than your motherboard died. BSOD's were symptoms of northbridge faulty.

Oh No!!!! It can't be!!! My motherboard died. Now I will never be able to use my touchsmart again. RIP Touchsmart 2009-2016 Sad

[Image: cff.jpg]
Please replace mod to new version in topic Confirmed Working Bios Mod for Pegatron APP78-CF aka Jesse
And add warning about motherboard dying!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9