Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Disabled Whitelist Mega Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(06-24-2011, 11:54 AM)Chapu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Camilomi! Unfortunately, I wrote my reply after reading the post where the BIOS version was uploaded but before downloading it. The link appears to have expired, and I didn't find it in the post with the list of known mods.

Do you happen to have the modded ROM, or could make it for me and reupload it? Thanks a lot!

Check my mediafire folder, i dropped there a file for you to test.

Remember download and flash at own risk, come back and give feedback please.

Nice day
Camilo.
Thank you very much!! I'll give it a go as soon as I can, probably this weekend.

So: should I flash the BIOS with the official tool from Windows? And should I expect problems with the harddrive? I'm not sure, but I think I remember someone somewhere mentioning that wireless cards are not the only things whitelisted in this BIOSes.

Again, thanks a lot! I will report how everything went as soon as I can.

(06-24-2011, 12:41 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Check my mediafire folder, i dropped there a file for you to test.

Remember download and flash at own risk, come back and give feedback please.

Nice day
Camilo.

Flash normally with InsydeFlash util.
(06-24-2011, 11:19 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2011, 10:22 AM)Chapu Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, there!

Searching for a whitelist-free modded BIOS I stumbled upon this post: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...?pid=23440&highlight=30F1F0F#pid23440 which is almost my laptop's BIOS version. I have an HP Pavilion TX2532LA with an InsydeH2O BIOS ver. F.0C instead of the F.0F posted. However, that newer F.0F version is available for download at HP's site under my laptop model, so I guess it should work.

My problem is, like everybody else's, that I want to use a wireless card that's not in the whitelist. Specifically, the card that came with the computer is a Broadcom with parameters PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_137D103C&REV_01\4&29E2C51B&0&00E1 and I'd like to use an Atheros I already have, that has the following IDs: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_137B103C&REV_01\4&29E2C51B&0&00E1

Before I try the mod that's already available, could someone tell me if it's going to work despite the difference in the computers models? I realize that the BIOSes are the same, but I just want to be sure before I try, BIOS flashing being the fickle b*tch we all know it is Big Grin

Also, while the only thing I tried to change so far was the wireless card, I also want to use a different harddrive. Would that also pose a problem with the BIOS? And finally, one last question: as I intend to install a double-boot Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 11.04, I was wondering how can I insert the modded BIOS once I have it. Is it possible to do it with the windows key + b at startup method, or is it safer to re-install Vista and use the tool provided by HP on their page?

Thanks a lot in advance, I'm really looking forward to solve this!!

If bios are the same and you checked it, then modded will work for you.
(06-24-2011, 09:56 AM)pantovad Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Can you help disabling the white list for HP ZV5373EA:

BIOS Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp30001-30500/sp30341.exe
BIOS Type: Phoenix
BIOS Revision: F.45
BIOS Release: 17 Feb 2006

(contains three images: 0898f45w.m10, 0898f45w.m9x and 089cf45w.uma - ZV5373EA requires 089cf45w.uma)

Thank you in advance !

http://www.mediafire.com/?r0l68k1x2ddnn

Download and test at your own risk. Don't forget to come and give feedback Wink

Nice day.
Camilo.

Hello Camilo,

The flash upgrade went fine however the 104 error is still there ... any suggestion ?
(06-18-2011, 10:46 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2011, 10:32 AM)cdmababy Wrote: [ -> ]I have upgraded wireless card from Intel 5100 to 6200 but error message: unsupported wireless card
-Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
-Model: Envy 15 1155NR
-BIOS Revision: F.2B A
-BIOS release: 2010-10-20
-BIOS Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50600.exe

-BIOS Type: Insyde

Thank you very much!!!

Hi there.

HERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT!!

Download & flash at your own risk, remember to come back and tell whether it worked fine or not. Wink Remember that flashing a Notebook is quite risky, if it bricks it's hard to repair.

Nice day.
Camilo.

the whitelist is not removed, please help !
Thanks
I will re-check both mods asap. Don't worry.

It's strange they are not working, give me some minutes to review them.
(06-25-2011, 04:22 AM)cdmababy Wrote: [ -> ]the whitelist is not removed, please help !
Thanks

I have corrected the patch on the file, download again, this time should work 100%

Sorry for the mistake.

nice day
Camilo.

@pantovad

are you sure the file needed to mod is only de .UMA one? and that's the right for your model? i ask this because is the only one i modded not the other two.

I have now modded all the three files with the same patch. You can download the new file and test again Wink
(06-25-2011, 06:34 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2011, 04:22 AM)cdmababy Wrote: [ -> ]the whitelist is not removed, please help !
Thanks

I have corrected the patch on the file, download again, this time should work 100%

Sorry for the mistake.

nice day
Camilo.

@pantovad

are you sure the file needed to mod is only de .UMA one? and that's the right for your model? i ask this because is the only one i modded not the other two.

I have now modded all the three files with the same patch. You can download the new file and test again Wink

Whitelist has been removed, Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Sorry for the mistake.

nice day
Camilo.

@pantovad

Thanks again for the effort Camilo but the 104 error is still there after updating BIOS with the most recent file you provided (I am trying to install Toshiba Intel 2200 wireless). BTW the different BIOS images are dependent on the graphic adapter used - mine is the one sharing the core RAM thus .UMA should be the correct file.
Anyhow now even with all three changed 104 is still there.
Is there any way forward with this one ? ...

(06-25-2011, 10:34 AM)pantovad Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks

Sorry for the mistake.

nice day
Camilo.

@pantovad

Thanks again for the effort Camilo but the 104 error is still there after updating BIOS with the most recent file you provided (I am trying to install Toshiba Intel 2200 wireless). BTW the different BIOS images are dependent on the graphic adapter used - mine is the one sharing the core RAM thus .UMA should be the correct file.
Anyhow now even with all three changed 104 is still there.
Is there any way forward with this one ? ...

After some checking I can confirm that the white list for this BIOS is located in ROMEXEC0.ROM when being edited with Phoenix BIOS editor (apparently only Broadcom adapters supported). So replacing PCI ID entries and rebuilding the BIOS could eventually be one way ... yet fully disabling the list would be much better ...
Ok, let me re-re-check it and give it another shot, keep looking mediafire folder, when your file appear again (i deleted non working one) then you can download and test. Wink

I think i saw the check, let me patch and repack bios. Wink 10 min and done.

Nice day and sorry for the failed releases.
Camilo.

@pantovad, latest release uploaded, i hope it is definitive one Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34