Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1iSjC]
This one would be easier.
hmm getting a bsod on your iso kasar - as soon as the winxp logo displays.
Also I cannot seem to boot off the bios.cap file - must be a key combo I'm missing (clearly not Fn+>)

15z bios up on dell, but similarly nada download Smile
d'oh - disregard the bsod comment. Had my BIOS setting on AHCI not ATA.
Now all I need to do is figure out the 15z recovery hotkey... Darn!
While booting the capsule you wouldn't need the ATA mode set by hand, that's the main per of using this WindowsPE CD/DVD method - when AHCI mode fails for your primary OS you have a way of booting an alternate OS which boots in IDE to do the recovery.

I've looked and looked at the replacement keyboards for 15z and all of them appear to have the dedicated End key.. what does your keyboard look like ? Confused
My end key is on the right arrow key.
Here's the layout: http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4711/de...yboard.jpg
kasar, congrats on your promotion Wink
jkbuha, ohhh that is a one weird-looking keyboard ... maybe try the eject key, if you haven't already ?
erm, wouldn't the eject key eject the recovery cd? Smile
bios guru? wth, lol, I looks more like "bios naab" xD

I'm allways asking dumb questions xD

not sure if this is automatic stuff while reaching certain ammount of rep points or posts or someone set the titlle,but thanks anyway Smile

yeah, that is definitly a weird keyboard.

mmm, there was an option in my bios wich asked me about function keys or multimedia keys, I have mine currently as function keys, what about you?

I supose you already tried the FN + rightarrow/end key.

else do like timewalker said and try the eject key, or just try all the keys one per one Big Grin

I guess you have no other chance ^^
(10-26-2012, 10:40 AM)jkbuha Wrote: [ -> ]erm, wouldn't the eject key eject the recovery cd? Smile

Not in the state of having your laptop completely shut down, then releasing it as soon as you plug in the power. Undecided
Tried the eject key (again) - no result. This is weird.
Could it be possible that a fixed battery laptop and/or one with weird keyboard could have a different initiation sequence?

Do you know of any recovery combinations with Fn+<key> or is it just <key>?