Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus Rampage III Extreme ZioMod Bios (Latest: 1601_S17)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am useing 1601_03. So far I am not really have any problems. I have:

Intel ROM 11.5.0.1414
Intel driver 11.5.0.1207

So far performance is the same or slightly better then the 11.2 OROM and Drivers in benchmarks.

The only poroblem i ahve noticed so far is if i try anmd start AIDA 64 i get a BSOD. I am not sure If this is because AIDA64 is trying to check somethign when it boots and it cannot. I have not looked to see if there is an update for AIDA yet.

I have a 980x @4.6GHZ 24/7 on air and some DDR3 2005mhz 696-25-1T. The only thing the system is missing is SATA III. But if i can get two OCZ vertex 4 in raid 0 then that would solve my problems and breath new life into my system. right now I have one Vertex 4 128gb and I would like one more.
Aida64 crash is due to a bug in that software. There's a beta version somewhere that solves this bug, and changelog refers to latest Intel RST instability, caused by some kind of wrong request from Aida64 routines. Crystal disk mark seems affected by similar bugs.
(07-30-2012, 04:08 PM)ZioGTS Wrote: [ -> ]Aida64 crash is due to a bug in that software. There's a beta version somewhere that solves this bug, and changelog refers to latest Intel RST instability, caused by some kind of wrong request from Aida64 routines. Crystal disk mark seems affected by similar bugs.

Thats good to know. I am glad to hear it. That means I have no real problems!!! and it "Looks" like trim is working based on the posts I read on this forum. so I guess I should be good to go and get myself another vertex 4 soon. im excited!!
(07-30-2012, 10:01 PM)BigT Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2012, 04:08 PM)ZioGTS Wrote: [ -> ]Aida64 crash is due to a bug in that software. There's a beta version somewhere that solves this bug, and changelog refers to latest Intel RST instability, caused by some kind of wrong request from Aida64 routines. Crystal disk mark seems affected by similar bugs.

Thats good to know. I am glad to hear it. That means I have no real problems!!! and it "Looks" like trim is working based on the posts I read on this forum. so I guess I should be good to go and get myself another vertex 4 soon. im excited!!

Just downlaoded the latest Aida 64 beta 2.50.2056 and it fixed my problem. so far everything is perfect now with these new intel 11.5 drivers and rom. I hope trim actually works because I am soo excited!!
Big thanks to Fernando with the latest updated intel raid rom Smile
And credits to ZioGTS for 1601_S03.

[Image: 1582a.jpg]
Hi People

I Change my bios for this archive "ZioMod_1601_S03_SLIC", All is correct but I have, a little error.

The Micro don´t on,

I have install only the arvhive "ZioMod_1601_S03_SLIC" since Bios.

I don´t Know how intall this arvhive "Modules_for_1601_S03".

It´s necesary intall this drive?

Hoy install this archive?

Thanks.

Sorry foy my English, I´m learning.
(07-31-2012, 02:16 PM)petrik_es Wrote: [ -> ]Hi People

I Change my bios for this archive "ZioMod_1601_S03_SLIC", All is correct but I have, a little error.

The Micro don´t on,

I have install only the arvhive "ZioMod_1601_S03_SLIC" since Bios.

I don´t Know how intall this arvhive "Modules_for_1601_S03".

It´s necesary intall this drive?

Hoy install this archive?

Thanks.

Sorry foy my English, I´m learning.

You only need to extract the bios image from ZioMod_1601_S03_SLIC.rar archive and flash it as usual. No need to do anything with the other archive, it's for people who want to mod their own bios. I can't understand what's your problem, please try to add more details about your system specifications and the issues you are experiencing. You can use google translate if you can't find the words in english! Wink
>>> UPDATE <<<

Added new version 1601_S04 with TWO new mods! Intel RAID rom updated to v11.5.0.1582 (thanks Fernando!) and Intel Gigabit network rom updated to v1.3.95 (thanks Acebmxer from tweaktown.com!). I ran a few benchmarks and WOW! Noticeable performance improvement, expecially in 4k write operations! See for yourself:

[Image: as-ssd-bench%20ATA%20SAMSUNG%20SSD%20%20...-10-49.png]

[Image: ATA%20SAMSUNG%20SSD%20830%20SCSI%20Disk%...2-2016.png]

See first post for the downloads, as usual! Cool
Thanks a lot ZioGTS for the Intel Gigabit network ROM update.
Thanks for the update. so far so good. But I am sad to say that my onboard intel NIC has not been working well for a while. it will only connect at 100mbps. it wont connect a gigabit speed. aparently this happens when the chip is on its death bead. I guess i got a faulty Nic. it use to work fine. so I had to buy an intel CT gigabit card. it is a very fast card, but i am still sad Sad