Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus Rampage III Extreme ZioMod Bios (Latest: 1601_S17)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can you get 12.6.0.1033 working in AHCI mode? I can only use the driver with RAID being set in BIOS.
(05-12-2013, 02:31 PM)Chatman41 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2013, 11:35 PM)FidQ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

So i updated to 1601_S10.

ZioGTS advised to install latest RTS and marvell drivers, so i did that.

My current SATA ACHI driver version is 12.6.0.1033 after update.
and my Chipset is 9.1.9.1003

my Sata controller is now called "IntelĀ® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset Sata ACHI Controller"?

is this the latest version of drivers or is there a newer?

/FidQ

Just double-click it in the device-manager and then choose driver. The installed version is shown then in the details.

(05-12-2013, 07:24 AM)Sabresquad Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2013, 11:45 AM)sinders Wrote: [ -> ]The Intel RAIDFix application definitely works because I have used it myself on my Windows 7.

Perhaps someone will post down what windows registry changes to make in order to
make a non RAID Windows 8 install work in RAID mode.

AWESOME work guys!

Try this as it worked great for me regarding switching to RAID after WIN 8 installation.

http://blog.rolpdog.com/2012/03/enabling...after.html

@Sabresquad:
I have the newest driver installed in AHCI-mode (12.6.0.1033). You dont have a raid, too. So did Your already run some benchmarks to see if Raid-mode on non Raid-SSDs is faster than AHCI? Or do You just lose a few seconds while booting (in post-screen)?

You have Your 980X on 4.4 GHz with the same cooler I that I use. What are Your settings? I have 4.01 prime-stable with 1914 MHz-memory speed.
Thanks for posting the settings.

I was running around 269 for sequential and 22.5 for 4k reads, I am now getting 281.4 for sequential and 24.1 for 4k reads using the new drivers and RAID enabled.

According to this guy the Marvell controller appears to pass the TRIM command (not in RAID)

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-...td-p/44440

So maybe you want to give it a go for single drive setup. Sequential will go up around a 100 but 4k remains roughly the same/slightly less than the Intel controller.

With my 980x and Rampage III board all I did was raise the multiplier to 22 and vcore to 1.35625. BLCK @ 200. Totally stable with Prime. Can't go any higher though without cranking volts to around 4.3 but temps were too high. Every setup is different though so what works for me may not for others with the same equipment. I would have thought 4.2 with multiplier at 21 and 1.35 volts should be ok though.
Hello guys,

I've a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD among with Asus Rampage III extreme.

Until now I had it working more or less properly with my Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard and BIOS 1401 in AHCI mode. (even I got some random BSOD in Win7 due to mv9xx.sys)

Yesterday Samsung Magician notified me that a new firmware update was available: DXM05B0Q firmware.
I updated and all went correct. A few minutes later after rebooting Windows 7 x64 shuts down (like if you remove power cable, like a hard reset).

I tried updating my bios, maybe it had something to do with the old and bad Marvel SATA3 Marvell controllers Asus offers for this motherboard. Updated from 1401 to 1501 with same result. I even tried your modified and custom bios (1601) with no success. I then reverted all changes and came back to the old 1401 that was working for me.

After all of this i decided to format SSD and reinstall Windows 7 on it.

Surprise.. when Windows reboots to complete install and is "Completing installation" hard reset again. Tried to set SSD on both AHCI and IDE mode and both with same result.

I then changed driver device priority and used my old Win7 300GB sata2 drive to boot from it. It boots correctly but randomly crashes (hard reset again). So I'm pretty sure it's an issue with Samsung firmware.

I've the old DXM04B0Q firmware on my computer, but Samsung Magician doesn't let me "update" firmware to the old version. I can't downgrade it. I've also tried with USB tool and result it's the same. It won't downgrade firmware. So I'll need to deal with BIOS config. I don't see any more options related to SSD than AHCI/IDE mode for SATA3 Port.

I'm really scared about this. If anyone has an idea on how to downgrade Samsung firmware or what's the correct Asus Rampage III extreme bios setup for that SSD/firmware I would really appreciate.

My computer is totally useless at this moment.
It is possible that you have destroyed your SSD, because you have flashed your boot device. If you want to update a SSD you have to boot from another device. The only thing what you can do is to boot from another Hard-Drive or USB and update the new Firmware again and completely erase the ssd with a special tool, because you have too write in each block a zero.
I hope I could help.
I can try to flash it again to the latest version booting from my SATA2 Windows install.
What tool I should use to erase SSD after updating firmware...?

Anyways I doubt It's any issue with flash because It was done with Samsung Magician itself. The other times I updated firmware in the same way I had no problems at all.
Samsung Magician supports secure erase. so you can also use Samsungs own tool.
wow just found this forum...will try bios out...just updated in intel rst driver and marvel..
I'm desperated.

Samsung secure erase was failing at 20%.
I booted from Linux Part Magic and did an erase by zeros on ssd.

I updated again bios to 1601.

What it's weird is that bios SSD message on boot it's Marvell 89.. or 8S.. driver. Not 9. I don't know if that's just a display with issue or internal driver it's in the latest version.

I've tried everything. Trying to install Win7, trying to load Marvell Controller driver during install, trying to load Marvell SATA3(6GB) driver during install.. but it's always the same. Crash over completing installation after reboot. Tried with AHCI and IDE mode for SATA3 Port.

Here are some of the screenshots of the bios.. I don't know why SSD is being reported as "unconfigured" and on Disk list as IDE0:Samsung SSD...

If there's any other BIOS settings I could play with please tell me.

Pic1
Pic2
You should test your SSD on another PC. This doesn't seem bios related, or you won't be able to run at all.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
Intel RAID OROM 12.7.0.1910 is now available on station drivers.

Code:
http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4500

The new OROM seems to be working absolutely fine on the Rampage III Extreme.