Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus Rampage III Extreme ZioMod Bios (Latest: 1601_S17)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Correct. Trim on raid doesn't work on our mobo.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
Sad...
An updated BIOS (ZioMod 1601_S10) to wait? =)
It would have been great if say ASUS made a special X58 chipset mainboard of their
Rampage Extreme Series but with a Intel ® 5-Series Chipset SATA RAID III Controller.

I might be wrong but hasn't Intel already got their own X58 chipset mainboards and
they actually have a Intel ® 5-Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller?

I can see Intel dropping support / compatibility completely for our SATA RAID Controller
in the newer Intel RAID OROMs soon in the future.
UPDATED 20/04/13: Released ZioMod 1601_S10 with new Intel SATA/Raid module v12.6.0.1867! (Thanks Sinders for the heads-up! Again!!!)

Please remember to update Intel RST drivers too (available from Station-Drivers).

As I don't have much spare time left, I will keep updating 1601 bios only. Sorry guys, no more 1502 or older versions!
Hello ZioGTS,
at first: Thanks a lot for keeping our mobo. Even on newest games my CPU has only 30-40% (rest is obviously done by GPU). So I dont want to change CPU/mobo and thanks to You it looks that I dont need to also :-).

The newest ZioMod 1601_S10 with new Intel SATA/Raid module works great, too!

You recommend to install the newest Intel RST software v12.6.0.1028. I wasnt able to find it for ICH10 but only for PCH5(6/7/8). Is the software for PCH5 now suitable after flashing Your ZioMod?
There is also v12.06.01033 available now. Do You think "newer is better"? Or is the xxx1028 version more compatible to the new OROM?

That is my same question for the drivers. I had to force the system to install the v12.6.0.1028 for "Intel® 5 Series 6 channel SATA AHCI controller". I got a message these drivers arent 100% compatible and could cause instabilities. Lets see... You think these drivers are ok though?

I think I am not the only one with these problems/questions.
Thanks for Your hard work again and thanks also for Your answer (I hope to get) :-)
You need to set the Intel controller as RAID in bios, not AHCI (if you haven't done already). I usually install newest versions and downgrade only if I have problems.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
Hello ZioGTS,
thanks again for Your fast answer. My controller setting in Bios was AHCI.
So I changed it to Raid. While starting Win8 x64 I get always a bluescreen. I dont think Win8 has repair options like Win7 had. So I dont know how to start Win8 with Raid-setting so I can install the RST drivers "normally".

Im benchmarking the new drivers (xxx1028 and xxx1033) with the new OROM to compare the results with the older Bios/OROM combination with 11.6.1030 drivers/RST. Im using Crystal and AS SSD benchmarks. Maybe the old combination is a little bit faster especially on 4K testing. But I didnt finish benchmarking and my setting is AHCI. Maybe its better with Raid-setting.

I have a Samsung 840 Pro as well. I tested it on the Marvell (which has in fact only 5 GB) and on the ICH10 (3 GB). I wondered the overall result of the ICH10 was faster - except sequentially r/w of course. But other users in other forums got the same results, so most of them disabled the Marvell as well. The start time of the PC is faster, too. Cause You neednt initialize the Marvell Bios at the beginning.

Do You have any ideas how I get Win8 starting with Raid-setting? If You want I can post the benchmark results afterwards.
Thanks again!
I am not sure if this will work also for Windows 8 but on Windows 7 you could
use this Intel RAIDFix application below to prepare windows for RAID mode.

http://mike.geek-republic.com/software/raidfix/

You just need to put your Bios back on AHCI mode and then load up windows and
then use this application to automatically configure the windows registry for RAID
mode then reboot your system and go back into the Bios and set back on RAID mode
and then windows should hopefully load up without any blue screens etc.
Hi folks. Newbie here but i've been reading this thread in the hope that as i've moved from a Rampage II to a Rampage III, I can get better SSD performance with this modded BIOS.

Unfortunately it doesn't look that way.

I'm using the same I7 920 @ 3.21Ghz and the same Corsair RAM @ 1600Mhz 7-8-7-20[/u].

Single OCZ Vertex 3 - 256Gb is on the Intel SATA 3G (AHCI), not the Marvell 6G as I read that the Marvell isn't worth it.

I also installed Intel RST although i'm not sure if this has helped or not.

Benchies:

[Image: ATTOBm.jpg]

Any help on how to improve performance on with this setup very much appreciated, even it means going back to my RIIE.
If you are only using a Single SSD than you probably
would be best to use the Marvell 6G Controller.