Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107925
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3536
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9202
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8754
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14350
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425621
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119701
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310574
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

ACER EXTENSA 5630z
#1
I want to mod my BIOS to enable the hardware VT-x feature of my processor.
My processor is an Intel T9500 2.6ghz Core 2 Duo (yes this chip has the VT-x feature)
I have upgraded my RAM to 8gb (2x4gb Dimms)
The current bios is Pheonix 1.30
The operating system is Ubuntu 14.04 64bit.

Also, I currently can not even flash my BIOS.
I have downloaded the Pheonix 1.36A bios from Acer and I have not been able to update it. I have made several bootable thumb drives and CD-Rs with the phlash16.exe and no luck. I have tried running it under FreeDOS, MS-Dos 7.1, and MiniXP. I keep getting the following errors:

Cannot Install when DOSKEY is present
Cannot Flash if memory Managers (e.g. HIMEM) present
Invalid FlashInt.Bin !

I have used two versions of phlash16.exe (the included 1.6.8.8 and 1.7.0.41)
the two BIOS files are HMA136.rom and HMA136.WPH (not sure what the difference is)
From the prompt i have tried entering the command in the following ways:
c:\phlash16.exe hma136.yyy /x /s /c /mfg /mode=3
c:\phlash16.exe /x /s /c /mfg /mode=3 hma136.yyy
c:\phlash16.exe hma136.yyy

I have also tried changing the BIOS drive setting from AHCI to IDE

There must be some detail I am missing just need to find it.

*update*
I had to create my boot disk with this program to make phlash16.exe work

http://www.mediafire.com/?yddzvmymzd4
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)