Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224592
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Acer Aspire M5100 - Upgrade CPU Athlon II x2 215
#21
(09-08-2018, 04:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Sorry, but now only Hot Swap Bios Flashing can help to recover.

So sad...

What I do anything, the computer is HS ?
find
quote
#22
You need other motherboard with same type of BIOS chip.
And flash your BIOS chip on such motherboard with Hot Swap Bios Flashing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QcVFvTyS4
Use your backup of BIOS.
Or buy flashed BIOS chip - https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ACER-...0138308688
find
quote
#23
(09-09-2018, 03:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: You need other motherboard with same type of BIOS chip.
And flash your BIOS chip on such motherboard with Hot Swap Bios Flashing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QcVFvTyS4
Use your backup of BIOS.
Or buy flashed BIOS chip - https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ACER-...0138308688

Hi DeathBringer,

I've tried to do Hot Swap Bios Flashing, but I reach not do it.
I've several chip, I've several other computer.

You know the good configuration ?
- computer architecture must be AMD or Intel is ok ?
- BIOS must be Phoenix ?

On another computer when i've changed chip, she not mount in awdflash as on the video...

I should to flash my chip broken, or I need to take another chip ?
How I can recognize that others motherboard is with same type of BIOS chip ?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#24
(09-09-2018, 04:19 AM)OnLineBios Wrote: I've several chip, I've several other computer.
...
On another computer when i've changed chip, she not mount in awdflash as on the video...
...
I should to flash my chip broken, or I need to take another chip ?
What types of motherboards you have? It must be have Award BIOS.
1. Boot such this motherboard with its native BIOS chip.
2. Check compatibility this motherboard with awdflash
awdflash check.bin /sy /pn
3. Replace native BIOS chip with your "broken" BIOS chip.
4. Flash your backup:
awdflash R02-B2.bin /f /sn /py
5. Power off
6. Install reflashed "broken" BIOS chip into M5100
find
quote
#25
Hi DeathBringer,

As I could not flash with other motherboard, I found a chip not too expensive and I bought it.
I was flash the old chip with the original R02-B2.bin, so that I have 2 chips OK for the PC.

Now that I have 2 chips, do you want to try again to change some things on the BIOS or not?
find
quote
#26
Nice news. I'll make a new mod in few days.
find
quote
#27
(09-20-2018, 03:29 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Nice news. I'll make a new mod in few days.

Oky, thanks a lot
find
quote
#28
Show a photo of your Athlon II X2 215 (from top).
find
quote
#29
(09-21-2018, 02:36 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Show a photo of your Athlon II X2 215 (from top).

Hi DeathBringer,

Et voilà.
Tell me if the picture is not good enough.

Are there any hidden options in the BIOS that can be unlocked?
They can be useful or not?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#30
Try to flash my test mod.
If it boots with your Athlon II X2 215 then make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
P.S. Unlocking is offtopic in this section of forum.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)