Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6400
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14031
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 341
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6813
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 436
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309802
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20312
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169421
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6383
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 859

Acer Aspire T180 (MCP61SM-AM): new CPU support
#21
Question 
hi, i've been using this machine for a few years now, I have a athlon x2 6000+ 3ghz cpu installed, i've been reading that phenom cpu's are backwards compatible with AM2 boards, so my question is would a phenom II 940 cpu work on my board? nVIDIA nForce 6100-4xx (MCP61) / Motherboard ID 06/15/2007-MCP61M-AM-6A61KE11C-00 / Product EM61SM/EM61PM

oh and is sisoft sandra correct in reading the maximum supported ram for my machine as 16gb? i've been thinking about getting an extra 4gb to bring it upto 8.
find
quote
#22
You can definitely bring it up to 8GB. Go to the unlocked section for this board on the site and grab the latest fully unlocked BIOS for this board. I "believe" that the acer models can handle Phenom I that are LOW wattage (95W and under) but the same BIOS that we use for this board can boot phenom on the Aspire 380 so you have good chances.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#23
(10-24-2010, 05:53 PM)TheWiz Wrote: You can definitely bring it up to 8GB. Go to the unlocked section for this board on the site and grab the latest fully unlocked BIOS for this board. I "believe" that the acer models can handle Phenom I that are LOW wattage (95W and under) but the same BIOS that we use for this board can boot phenom on the Aspire 380 so you have good chances.

TheWiz


Thanks, instead of trying a phenom, I will try and get a 6400+.
find
quote
#24
Wait! The 6400+ has a TDP of 125W I believe. This WILL cause damage to your motherboard, so b sure to stay under 95W. Also, we reccomend the modded bios in the Acer forum for this board

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#25
(10-25-2010, 05:29 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Wait! The 6400+ has a TDP of 125W I believe. This WILL cause damage to your motherboard, so b sure to stay under 95W. Also, we reccomend the modded bios in the Acer forum for this board

Thanks,
TheWiz

hi, how would I stay under 95W? btw I don't have the mobo in the original t180 case (eeww) I have it in an antec 300 case with a 650w psu and 5 case fans.
oh and I'm already using the unlocked bios, since a week or so.

edit, i've just done some quick googling and several websites say that the 6000+ which is what I have atm has a TDP of 125W, but i've had no issues with it.
find
quote
#26
So you are lucky...
We have had several issues with the TDP and so during testings!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#27
(10-29-2010, 12:40 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: So you are lucky...
We have had several issues with the TDP and so during testings!

served me well this old thing.
find
quote
#28
installed a 6400+ this afternoon, working great so far.
find
quote
#29
the 6000+ & the 6400+ have a tdp of up to 125W.
find
quote
#30
Wow that is really quite interesting. can we see a CPU-Z screenshot please?

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)