Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6400
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14015
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 341
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119201
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6813
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 436
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309802
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20312
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169421
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6383
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 859

Add 7th Gen Intel chips to BCLK version of Asus Z170-AR BIOS
#1
Hi folks,

A while back, over at win-raid.com, Lost_N_BIOS modded a BCLK version of the Asus Z170-AR BIOS to include my 6th-gen i5 chip (I think that's what went down, it was a long time ago and as we know all those threads are gone).  That worked great for some time and I was able to get a pretty good base clock OC boost that was stable.  Thanks Lost!

Recently, someone gifted me an i5 7600, which is compatible with the newer versions of the BIOS on this board.  However, the newer versions removed the BCLK ability Sad

It would be great if someone could add the 7th gen CPU group to the BCLK version of this BIOS so I can OC the new (to me) chip.

It's been years since I did anything with this stuff, so please forgive me if I'm essentially back to being a n00b Smile 

I attached the BCLK BIOS and the newest stock BIOS supporting the 7th-Gen chips, both in .rom form if that helps (note: not 100% sure it's the final version of the modded BIOS, but pretty sure).

Screenshot in Aida64 of the board running the 7600 (I'm using it now).  

not sure if this is correct for sSPEC, but link to intel ark entry for the 7600: 

Please let me know what more you need from me.

Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#2
I don't know any motherboard with support of overclocking non-K CPU with Kaby Lake core.
find
quote
#3
(04-28-2023, 04:09 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I don't know any motherboard with support of overclocking non-K CPU with Kaby Lake core.

I'm willing to give it a shot if someone can add the processor.  I have a CH341A Bios Chip Programmer and some spare chips from back when I was trying this out in 2019, so I'm not worried about bricking.

...And for the record, originally I just swapped the CPU on the modded BIOS but was greeted with no boot. Flashed to the new BIOS and it booted right up.
find
quote
#4
Hmm, OK, so if everyone is in agreement that this is 100% not doable, then I guess I'll just continue to run as I am.  

Are we sure nobody wants to just add the processor to my BCLK BIOS real quick so I can actually verify that it's not possible?
find
quote
#5
Adding support of Kaby Lake is not "real quick".
And you can't overclock your i5-7600 by BCLK.
find
quote
#6
(05-02-2023, 02:11 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Adding support of Kaby Lake is not "real quick".
And you can't overclock your i5-7600 by BCLK.

OK, well, you're not supposed to be able to OC a non-K i5 6500 either, but I successfully did so with great performance increase for a couple of years using the BIOS LOST put together for me. 

If there's something you know besides "because you can't," then tell me.

Kaby Lake is natively supported by the chipset and even this motherboard (I'm running the chip on it now), just in a later BIOS revision, so please explain how adding it is especially hard?

If you're not up for the challenge, I'll just look elsewhere.  

Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)