Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6525
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308247
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61545
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19945
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168433
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5973
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5474
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60728
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274672
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693690
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174005
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43064

Adding support for newer 771 Xeon CPUs to Primergy RX300 S3
#1
Hi, I'm looking  for BIOS mod to support 45nm Xeon in Fujitsu Primergy RX300 S3 server. Before you ask, this server isn't essential, it is just is mine home laboratory, I don't care about stability, support, etc. I have one Xeon E5405 to test new BIOS, but I aim for something more powerful for the long run. If you need to delete some microcode, now there are 2xE5120, I don't really care about any other processors from that generation, so feel free to delete support for 50XX and others. I will really be grateful for your help and experience.


Attached Files
.zip   FTS_FlashBIOSUpdateCompressedFlashFiles_406117_1055388.ZIP (Size: 700.06 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your E5405.
find
quote
#3
For the time being server doesn't have any OS, I will try to post this screenshot later today, when I insert 45nm CPU (only one, second socket is empty,) it shows only black screen, after I insert back 65nm chips the socket in which newer CPU was is marked in BIOS as "faulty" and needs reset (option is BIOS). If it helps RX300 S4 supports 45nm Xeons, so maybe there is an option to copy microcodes from it.
EDIT: I've found some old drives, one with preinstalled W10, so I attach screenshot from CPU-Z.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#4
Current BIOS hasn't support for 45-nm.
Have you suitable hardware programmer to read BIOS chip?
find
quote
#5
Unfortunately I don't have external programmer, so if it's possible I will use programs for flashing in DOS.
find
quote
#6
(04-02-2021, 07:58 AM)N3Star Wrote: Unfortunately I don't have external programmer
So I can't help you.
find
quote
#7
So I guess hot-flash won't work as well, and paying 3 times the server is worth for programmer is at least ridiculous. Oh well, thanks anyway.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)