Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6505
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308138
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61522
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19929
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168369
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5954
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 507
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60700
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274651
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24607
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693402
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173954
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 912
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59509
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43051

Asus P4S533-MX: Boot from VIA 6421A based SATA RAID card
#1
Hi all,
I'd like to boot from a VIA 6421A based SATA RAID card that doesn't have a bios chip
I heard that it can be done by adding the card RAID bios ROM to the MB bios
The problem is that there is not enough space for it so stuff like epa logo or EZ Flash utility need to go

The board is an Asus P4S533-MX with Award Medallion v6.0 bios
Asus beta bios 1007
VIA RAID bios v6421V431

Should I add any other info? can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance. Cheers!


Attached Files
.zip   asus-via.zip (Size: 246.71 KB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#2
Right theres obviously not enough free space here

Are you using integrated graphics? I could try removing the onboard VGA rom if you are using a dedicated graphics card and also the logo ?

Admin
find
quote
#3
Right theres obviously not enough free space here

Are you using integrated graphics? I could try removing the onboard VGA rom if you are using a dedicated graphics card and also the logo ?

Admin
find
quote
#4
Hello and thanks! for your help.
Yes, I'm using an AGP card so if you think that I don't need the VGA rom by all means remove it along with the logo and with any other stuff you feel is taking up space.

edit/
I'm sorry, I know I said go ahead but now I'm thinking what if something goes wrong with my VC? how do I flash back on a blank screen?
Perhaps you couldd remove the EZ Flash utility instead or something else I don't know...
find
quote
#5
Sorry but i dont think theres any easy or safe way about doing this , you would have to remove the lan rom and the vga rom in order for the RAID rom to fit!

Il take a look around , sometimes these roms have otherbioses which are for motherboard bioses specifically and are therfore smaller

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#6
(04-16-2010, 05:17 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Sorry but i dont think theres any easy or safe way about doing this , you would have to remove the lan rom and the vga rom in order for the RAID rom to fit!

Il take a look around , sometimes these roms have otherbioses which are for motherboard bioses specifically and are therfore smaller

Regards
Admin

I understand...
How about copying the bios to a bigger chip, would that work?
I appreciate your efforts. Please let me know if you find something worth doing.

Cheers!
find
quote
#7
Sorry but i dont think theres any easy or safe way about doing this , you would have to remove the lan rom and the vga rom in order for the RAID rom to fit!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#8
(04-16-2010, 08:47 PM)1234s282 Wrote: Sorry but i dont think theres any easy or safe way about doing this , you would have to remove the lan rom and the vga rom in order for the RAID rom to fit!

Regards
Admin

You told me that already or is the forum duplicating your posts? cause it happened twice on this thread now...
Did you read my question?
find
quote
#9
Take a look at the bios chip you have already. It is removable ina socket or soldered?

If its soldered then nothing can be done im afraid but if its not you can always flash to a bigger chip!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#10
(04-17-2010, 04:47 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Take a look at the bios chip you have already. It is removable ina socket or soldered?

If its soldered then nothing can be done im afraid but if its not you can always flash to a bigger chip!

Regards
Admin

The bios chip is removable in a socket. Specifications:

SST
MPF
39SF020A
70-4C-NH
0311090-D

Eventually, I have a chip available to write the modified bios from an old laptop. I don't know the size, perhaps you can tell me.

SST
49LF004A
33-4C-NH
0444021-B

Please ley me know. Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)