Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: sakmarksaw
Today 03:45 AM
» Replies: 2320
» Views: 657613
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Today 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22054
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22808
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6789
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 87
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2848
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 189
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26136
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 148
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 132
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6238
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220169
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 206
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 205
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98859
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24122
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324824
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1089

BIOS Recovery Name: Gateway NV51B19u BIOS
Hello to everyone. Seems like this might be my last hope on getting help with this problem. My Gateway NV51B19u laptop was in the middle of installing a new bios. Of course I am one of those people who does what the manufacturer says and doesn't keep the battery in my notebook ALL the time when I rarely use it. So when someone hit the telephone pole down the street in the middle of my BIOS update and knocked the power out, my whole life came to a hault. Especially since I use my laptop to make a living for my family.... Oh and the best part? My notebook that is now 1yr 12 days old was three days past it's warranty says the Gateway website so I am just S.O.L I guess! HAHAH! So I thought maybe someone in here could give me a hand since every other forum I've asked about this in has told me the same thing. Download the latest BIOS file to a USB flash drive, take out the battery and everything else plug in, hold the power button to drain, release, hold Win + B key < ( the key combo is correct, it does read the USB), plug in notebook while holding key combination, press power, watch the USB flash a few times because its reading and release. Wait five, ten, thirty minutes and the laptop should just re-start itself.
Well I have tried this method for days trying to figure out exactly what the BIOS file has to be re-named. I've looked everywhere I personally know about having repaired laptops / desktops / PS3's cell phones etc. for the last five years for the brand of the mobo to track down the makers site. But not on a Gateway.... Gateway or Acer or whoever they are have been no help and I am willing to throw someone some $ through paypal if they can help me with this. Not kidding whatsover, I am that desperate at this point.
One more thing: I had no idea you could unlock a bunch of the BIOS stuff that's greyed out until I came to this site. You guys rocks with the unlocking BIOS. I've read througha few very cool unlocks. If someone can figure that stuff out, I'm sure someone can help me with this. Thanks and like I said, paypal $ to the person who can help!
find
Hi Jason,

Please attach the BIOS you were trying to update to so I can search for a restore name.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
(02-24-2013, 12:25 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi Jason,

Please attach the BIOS you were trying to update to so I can search for a restore name.

Regards,
TheWiz

Here is the link to the Gateway site where I downloaded the BIOS update that the Gateway NV51B19u notebook was in the middle of updating when the power went out.
[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx[/undefined][/undefined] When you click on BIOS it’s the first one above firmware HDD upgrade. The name of it is BIOS_Gateway_1.04_A_A
Obviously this is where all the BIOS upgrades are for this model.

I don’t know if the version I need to restore it back to normal the way it came from the factory. I have no idea where to find it either> BIOS_Gateway_1.03_A_A

The file name of the newest InsydeH20 BIOS for this model notebook is Gateway_1.18_A_A and there are about ten other different BIOS updates in between. It would be nice to be able to have the 1.18 version since as you’ll read these BIOS updates take care of a bunch of different issues. Just put this in here in case you’d like to try from that one.

I’ll just attach the 1.04_A_A BIOS file because that’s the one I was in the middle of installing when I lost power.

Thanks for the help!! See a reward in your future...Big Grin

I'm losing money by the hour because this laptop isn't running...Huh

(02-24-2013, 12:25 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi Jason,

Regards,
TheWiz

Also, I don't know if you are serious about needing some extra help on the site. I repair, refurbish laptops, desktops, I pads, I pods, Kindles, PS3's and just about any electronics. Accept I don't have much experience with BIOS (as I'm sure you can tell). But if you think any of my skills could help someone in here I would be glad to help out anyone I could. I had no clue either that you could unlock the greyed out options in the BIOS. That is so awesome! I've always wanted to see if you could do that, just have been swamped with work. Once I get this issue fixed, I will def be looking into unlocking some laptop bios. Especially on my HP Probook 4530s i7 8GB ram twin 480GB OCZ SLD3 SSHD's running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit / Lion 10.02 Hackintosh with all the drivers outperforming any Macbook I've put it up against so far. The stuff I would be able to do if I could actually use all the BIOS functions plus all the locked menu's I've read about. That's exciting. But for now, I gotta deal with this. Thanks again for the help Wiz!

Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Gateway_1.04_A_A.zip (Size: 3.66 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
Hi Jason,

I have looked into the image you've attached and the recovery name that the USB needs is "BIOS.fd" It has to be that exact file name or it will not work correctly.

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about the site! We definitely welcome extra help as we are frequently swamped with requests and can't always get around to everyone. If you are interested in more information, shoot me a PM this week.

Please let me know how it works out,
TheWiz
www find
(02-24-2013, 03:12 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi Jason,

I have looked into the image you've attached and the recovery name that the USB needs is "BIOS.fd" It has to be that exact file name or it will not work correctly.

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about the site! We definitely welcome extra help as we are frequently swamped with requests and can't always get around to everyone. If you are interested in more information, shoot me a PM this week.

Please let me know how it works out,
TheWiz

So what your saying is: After I extract the downloaded BIOS file using Winrar, extract it to the flash drive and re-name the whole file that? Or just the BIOS file? That's where I'm stuck. I'll try both and get back and let you know how it goes.
find
It's just the BIOS file you want. You need to extract the EXE and grab just the.fd file and rename it to BIOS.fd. I can attach the right file to the thread if needed
www find
(02-24-2013, 06:47 PM)TheWiz Wrote: It's just the BIOS file you want. You need to extract the EXE and grab just the.fd file and rename it to BIOS.fd. I can attach the right file to the thread if needed

Ok, I'll try that now. I'm only going to put just that one file on the USB which I have formatted under FAT32 default. I'll try both, but should I use the DOS file or the WIndows file? Then, I'm going to change the name of that one single file on the FAT32 formatted USB to BIOS.FD correct? I'm going to try right now.

Yes please attach the file so I don't have to keep bugging you about this. Name it BIOS.FD, I'll download it, it will be the one single file on the USB flash drive. Now what should I have the flash drive formated at? I havn't asked you this yet, should I format it at FAT16 16KB, FAT32 32kb, FAT32 default?

One more Quick? When I hold the Win key and the B key, the power button blinks once, flash blinks three / four times, and the hard drive light blinks 2 / 3 times. When I press the FN key and ESC key it does a different set of blinks. The reason I ask is because I just read that the BIOS boot command on an NV78 is FN & ESC. Also I read that it also matters which USB port you have the flash in, I've been doing this every time with the flash in the motherboards USB that's soldered on, not the hub on the other side. Just making sure I'm not making a small mistake somewhere.

Than I read this http://forum.notebookreview.com/gateway-...creen.html where it says the most important part is naming the FD file correctly... Take a glance, tell me what ya think.
find
FAT32 is fine. You are correct on the USB ports, you will have to try each one until you get it going but generally it will be the port that is soldered, not a guarantee though.

Here's the exact file to download to the USB with nothing else on it. Do not change the filename in any way from the download:

http://bios-mods.com/dropbox/TheWiz/Bios...9u/BIOS.fd

P.S. Do a right click on this link, save target as, and put it right to the root of the USB.
www find
(02-24-2013, 09:27 PM)TheWiz Wrote: FAT32 is fine. You are correct on the USB ports, you will have to try each one until you get it going but generally it will be the port that is soldered, not a guarantee though.

Here's the exact file to download to the USB with nothing else on it. Do not change the filename in any way from the download:

P.S. Do a right click on this link, save target as, and put it right to the root of the USB.

Ok brotha, I formated the USB, saved the file just like you said directly to the fat32 formatted USB flash drive. Alrighty, I'm gonna give it a try, PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! LOL!!Cool

(02-24-2013, 10:50 PM)jason9922 Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 09:27 PM)TheWiz Wrote: FAT32 is fine. You are correct on the USB ports, you will have to try each one until you get it going but generally it will be the port that is soldered, not a guarantee though.

Ok brotha, I formated the USB, saved the file just like you said directly to the fat32 formatted USB flash drive. Alrighty, I'm gonna give it a try, PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK! LOL!!Cool

Well I think I'm getting closer. That time I did what you said, but I pressed FN & ESC instead of the Win key & B and it acted completely different and is still running different. That time the hard drive light blink over and over and when it would dim, the flash would brighten up. Its been running for about 5 min but no restart yet. I think I might of had the wrong button combo, either way, its getting closer, it was almost like it was going through the process and resetting, like the whole file wasn't there kinda act? Not that it wasn;t, i'm just using that as an example, like a car thats about to roll over but doesn't.... Anyways, I'll try the other USB ports on the right side with the same button configuration and if that doesn't work go back to trying the other usb ports with Win key + B. It so badly wants to restart... its killing me watching it pull info off that usb and not restarting....
find
Just keep trying all the combos. Sounds like your bootblock is intact which is good news for you.

It took me weeks of doing this with one of my mediasmart servers before I was successful. It's just a process of elimination.
www find