Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6358
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

BIOS update???
#1
Hello everybody.
I'm new to this forum. I checked a lot of BIOS forums and this one looked most reliable to get help for my issue.
Honestly I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. I'm not even sure what to write for a thread subject. So I'm really sorry if I'm not doing it right.
With a few words: I recently decided to make a low level gaming PC with second hand parts.
I bought the following MB: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
Few days later I bought a GPU Saphire Dual-X R9 280X.
The problem is that the MB does not recognize the GPU. According to few forums, a lot of people had this similar problem. Updating their older machines with a R9 280x. Most of them solved it by updating their BIOS to a newer version. Unfortunately my parts turned out to be too old.
The GPU is produced in the middle of 2013 and the latest BIOS for my MB is from the end of 2011. On the box of the GPU it is said that it complies with UEFI 2.3.1 or after, but people are using it with BIOS too.
Is it possible to further upgrade my BIOS, or make it a BIOS UEFI? I'm not really familiar with the BIOS/UEFI stuff, so I'm sorry if I'm writing a stupid question.
The thing is that I can't say for sure that the GPU is working. I bought it 2nd hand (the forum I took it from usually is very reliable) and I don't have friends with new gaming desktop machines to test it on. Everybody I know uses laptops Sad.
Thank You for Your time and your responses in advance.
Best regards, Vlad.
PS: Again, I'm sorry if there is something wrong in my thread.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)