Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424323
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3595
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224215
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169217
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61166

Bios 1.48 downgrade t420
#1
Hello guys, i need to downgrade my t420 from 1.48 to 1.46 to install olehs mod to support 16 gb of ram at 1333mhz, can someone help me with this, please? Thank you.
find
quote
#2
(05-01-2016, 04:52 PM)Trexie Wrote: Hello guys, i need to downgrade my t420 from 1.48 to 1.46 to install olehs mod to support 16 gb of ram at 1333mhz, can someone help me with this, please? Thank you.

So this can be done. I had to do it today on my T420 which, FYI,  is Linux box.

I made a bootable DOS flash drive. In my case a 2GB thumb drive. I used an HP tool from within a Windows 7 VM (VirtualBox). However you can clearly download an image from the Internet if you want.

Using Linux:-

I extracted the content of the BIOS ISO file (83uj28us.iso) from Lenovo containing the 1.46 BIOS and placed the BIOS file:-

83ET76WW/$01C8000.FL1 on the flash drive along with:-

PFLASH.exe and
EFILDR16

both from the same ISO file.

Remove any AUTOEXEC.BAT from the Flash Drive:

Reboot the T420 and make it boot from the Flash Drive.

Run:-

PFLASH /sv /sd $01C8000.FL1

I actually renamed the file to BIOS.WPH but I do not know if that is necessary.
I believe these are the options I used. Basically PFLASH had to be told to ignore the warnings.
Use PFLASH /? to get help.

However, my machine did downgrade from 1.48 to 1.46. It can be done.

The T420 is a Linux box. To extract the ISO I used:-

geteltorito  bios83uj28us.img 83uj28us.iso
fdisk -lu bios83uj28us.img
losetup -o 16384 /dev/loop0 bios83uj27us.img
mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/t1
etc etc.

You can find details of all of this on the Internet.
I think I have the names of the iso files correct. Check yourself.
find
quote
#3
Hey.. i need this downgrade on my t420 too... i want to mount a egpu, but i think than this bios version block the adapter EXP GDC. Can you explain more about this method?

thanks.
find
quote
#4
(05-01-2016, 04:52 PM)Trexie Wrote: Hello guys, i need to downgrade my t420 from 1.48 to 1.46 to install olehs mod to support 16 gb of ram at 1333mhz, can someone help me with this, please? Thank you.

In fact, you can install 16GB at 1866
find
quote
#5
(05-13-2016, 11:34 PM)Mozzer Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 04:52 PM)Trexie Wrote: Hello guys, i need to downgrade my t420 from 1.48 to 1.46 to install olehs mod to support 16 gb of ram at 1333mhz, can someone help me with this, please? Thank you.

So this can be done. I had to do it today on my T420 which, FYI,  is Linux box.

I made a bootable DOS flash drive. In my case a 2GB thumb drive. I used an HP tool from within a Windows 7 VM (VirtualBox). However you can clearly download an image from the Internet if you want.

Using Linux:-

I extracted the content of the BIOS ISO file (83uj28us.iso) from Lenovo containing the 1.46 BIOS and placed the BIOS file:-

83ET76WW/$01C8000.FL1 on the flash drive along with:-

PFLASH.exe and
EFILDR16

both from the same ISO file.

Remove any AUTOEXEC.BAT from the Flash Drive:

Reboot the T420 and make it boot from the Flash Drive.

Run:-

PFLASH /sv /sd $01C8000.FL1

I actually renamed the file to BIOS.WPH but I do not know if that is necessary.
I believe these are the options I used. Basically PFLASH had to be told to ignore the warnings.
Use PFLASH /? to get help.

However, my machine did downgrade from 1.48 to 1.46. It can be done.

The T420 is a Linux box. To extract the ISO I used:-

geteltorito  bios83uj28us.img 83uj28us.iso
fdisk -lu bios83uj28us.img
losetup -o 16384 /dev/loop0 bios83uj27us.img
mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/t1
etc etc.

You can find details of all of this on the Internet.
I think I have the names of the iso files correct. Check yourself.

Hello. Please Please can you Upload the Boot Disk for us? I have a T420 with latest 1.48 Bios. I want to Downgrade to 1.46

thaaaaaank o so much
find
quote
#6
Hi,

I have 1.48 bios with white list and unlock ram. Please send priv message.
find
quote
#7
(08-26-2016, 01:43 AM)Kami3n147 Wrote: Hi,

I have 1.48 bios with white list and unlock ram. Please send priv message.

Is this bios update still available? I sent you a PM as well.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)