Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104589
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14340
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425525
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 527
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227442
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 614
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Dell Inspiron 530 / 530s v1.0.2 Experimental Unlocking & Upgrading Project
#31
I would like to contribute to the project! I have an Inspiron 530! Let's unlock this baby! I want to be able to overclock.

Motherboard Make/Model - Inspiron 530 Here is some info form CUPID:
General Information :
Manufacturer : Dell Inc. (Dell)
Product : 0FM586
Version : A00
Serial Number : ..CN7360493500GE.
Support MP : Yes, 2 CPU(s)
Version MPS : 1.4

Bios Version You Want Modding - 1.0.18
Link To Official Bios Download - http://tinyurl.com/49utmew

find
quote
#32
Hi diplomatson,

Did you try the firs BIOS-Mod on the first page of this thread? It has all the overclocking options (in theory, haven't had any testers yet)

TheWiz
www find
quote
#33
I just wanted to make sure that my motherboard would be the same for the BIOS on the first pag. I believe that the inpsiron 530 was shipped with several different motherboards?
find
quote
#34
Ahhh that might be part of the problem! Can you post a CPU-Z report?

TheWiz
www find
quote
#35
Hello Everyone! I just joined the forum and I am about to Test this "BIOS" for everyone so that the investigation to unlock further or fix can go on Smile
I seem unable to flash it NOT ICH7....?
find
quote
#36
I'm currently running your wonderful BIOS on my Q6600-based 530 in RAID 0!!! as I type.

The only issue of any importance is the lack of a bootable CD in raid mode. Users of this BIOS should make provisions for installation/recovery options from bootable USB. I suspect you might be able to install/recover from CD by setting to ACHI mode. I didn't test any further than setting ACHI and booting from a Windows 7 cd. The CD is properly enumerated once the RAID driver is up and running.

Your BIOS provides a fully functioning 8.7 RAID driver that has all available options for 0, 1 5 and 10 RAID levels. The stock Dell BIOS only allows RAID 1. I have confirmed 0 works with an esata drive I have connected. I imaged my system with BESR and restored to a stripe set. System is working fine. Expected R/W rates have doubled as expected.

If you want to try RAID modes besides 1, this is the BIOS for you.

If you are planning to run an SSD, this has the 8.7 option rom you will need this BIOS for reliable operation.

Your BIOS has several options unlocked that the stock BIOS does not provide. The power options screen allows you to change the HPET resolution from 32-bit to 64-bit. I changed this to 64. No problems noted.

The advanced options screen allows some other settings of lesser importance. You can disable the full-screen dell logo at boot, but this causes a halt with message "no timer tick interrupt." This might be particular to my machine, or a message that was always there. The dell logo boot screen does not halt on this error. In any case, my machine runs fine and passes the Dell diagnostics with no errors.

I have booted, partitioned, restored, and placed my machine in both hybrid sleep and hibernate. And run all my apps including vmware on 64-bit mode. Your BIOS runs as expected and compares to the stock BIOS with your invaluable additions. I have also flashed to the stock BIOS and back to yours. I would advise anyone to give your BIOS a try.

As far as I am concerned your BIOS is no longer experimental.

Thank you dansolo! You are no scruffy looking nerf herder.
find
quote
#37
Hello i want to flash the 530 with this bios I have the awdflas and bios on my usb and booted to it what do I type into dos ( the command ) to get it to flash It looks like it worked for the previous post
I get this screen that says input file name
find
quote
#38
Yikes. I think I bricked my motherboard testing this, I must've done something wrong.
After having my computer restart from the bios flash screen, it died.
It runs, fans lights and all, but nothing shows up for my display. It feels as if nothing is connected, my keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up either.

Any help guys? I tried switching the jumper cables and leaving my motherboard battery out for a bit, didn't help. =/
find
quote
#39
Hello, I'm a new member and I wanted to use this BIOS. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with BIOS 1.18. Currently I'm running IDE and would like to use RAID or AHCI (not sure which or if they are the same, but I know those are faster then IDE) and I have two 320 GIG HDD's. I have Windows 7 32bit, everything right now on my computer is completely stable and I don't want to reformat/re-install windows (if it's at all possible). I've updated my BIOS in the past using Dell.com driver, but other then that I'm not sure on the necessary precautions and proper steps to take to update with this BIOS that you guys created. I'm willing to provide any necessary information to help anyone that wants to help me out with this. I'm not sure which BIOS to use, the one on the first page or the one on page 3. Reading scotay's response on how it worked for him has definately got me excited!
find
quote
#40
Bug 
Undecided I tried this on my Inspiron 530. Don't. It will brick your BIOS chip. I only did this because I'm buying a new motherboard anyway. The one on the first page is the one I tested. When you start up the computer after putting the new BIOS on, the CPU fans run like crazy. Forever. Don't give yourself that sinking feeling in your stomach. It doesn't work, and it isn't worth it. BTW, I used awdflash.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)