Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 93
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424398
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3611
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 202
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224435
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119165
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6781
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309693
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20271
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169263
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 820
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61193

Gateway NV5942u BIOS Unlock
#1
I will donate if anyone could unlock my laptop's BIOS settings.

Please provide a tutorial on a how-to please!

Original BIOS v1.26 can be found on this download link: BIOS Gateway v1.26
find
quote
#2
Hello kryalix,

I will take a look at your BIOS image to see what can be unlocked.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
Hello

Your BIOS mod is complete! The BIOS mod archive can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have unhidden the hidden INTEL Menu, which contains a vast array of settings, such as VT-x and AHCI.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: ec19d10d3f7ef4012fc47892b727e313
SHA-1: 897532384b6d44aadceda2c617563a8d36dfed12


Attached Files
.rar   GV50126.rar (Size: 1.59 MB / Downloads: 5)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#4
Can you please provide more information as to how I can proceed from flashing my BIOS using the file you've provided? (I'm a newbie)

I will follow up with a report as to how it went, successful or not and keep my word on giving a generous donation to help support your team.

Thank you for reading this thread and reply! I look forward to hearing more from you.


Edit*

I did some research in the Phoenix forums and found that I need to format a USB device using an "HP USB Tool" I tried doing so and so far it's corrupted two of my USB's.

The walkthrough of what I tried to follow (which didn't work, hence the corrupted USB's) can be found on this link:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...BIOS--7426
find
quote
#5
Hello kryalix,

Sorry for the delays. I have been busy over the past few days.

I am going to extract the Windows installer, modify that BIOS image, and repack it. This will provide an alternative to the method that is failing right now.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#6
Thank you, I'll look forward to it.
find
quote
#7
Hello kryalix,

I have modified the BIOS file within the BIOS flashing application supplied by Sony. Run this application to flash your BIOS.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: 6acabf8c86a9c4cd9ede73f476fff253
SHA-1: 8deca100946564fda3c6b2e9f5f0d7a21f62a41c


Attached Files
.rar   GV50126_mod.rar (Size: 1.81 MB / Downloads: 6)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#8
Hey [b]Sml6397,[/b]

I've ran the executable file that you've posted and it's given me an error as shown in the image attached below.

[Image: 2el5qv7.jpg]

I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) if it makes any difference.

I've also tried running it as admin.

Am I supposed to put this file in the original Gateway 1.26 BIOS files?

Thank you for the super fast response, I greatly appreciate it!

Edit*

I've figured it out by replacing the original with the file that you provided. I'm going to donate now as promised.

Just last question though, is there no way to unlock options for GPU or RAM?

Thank you again for your efforts.



Edit*

The link for your donate box,

If you have flashed my modified BIOS image and found it to be useful, please consider making a donation. Thank you. Smile Donate Here

bios-mods.com: Sml6397 | MDL: ArcticFreeze | forum.notebookreview.com: StevenL

is broken.

I used the link: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/donate.php
find
quote
#9
Hello kryalix,

Thank you for donating to BIOS-Mods! Smile

And thank you for telling me about my broken donate link. I have fixed the issue.

I did not find any graphics settings other than the ones currently in the INTEL Menu.

~Steven

!!!This is my 900th post!!!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#10
Thanks again man and congratulations on your milestone! Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)