Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424546
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3653
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

HP 15-ax252nr BIOS Request (sp79340) OR EFI Help
#1
BIOS:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79340.exe

Advanced menu unlock would be great.  

Alternately, I was able to get the variables I want to set, but I am unable to set them in my efi shell.  I tried setup_var and setup_var2 to no avail.  If anyone could help me, this would also be acceptable.  Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?  Here is the relevant section I extracted:

Code:
0x9B83A         Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x9B83C             Variable 0xADA equals 0x4 {12 86 DA 0A 04 00}
0x9B842                 Not {17 02}
0x9B844             End {29 02}
0x9B846             Setting: Primary Display, Variable: 0x104 {05 91 62 11 63 11 B3 01 02 00 04 01 10 10 00 03 00}
0x9B857                 Option: Auto, Value: 0x3 {09 07 CB 0F 30 00 03}
0x9B85E                 Option: IGFX, Value: 0x0 {09 07 64 11 00 00 00}
0x9B865                 Option: PEG, Value: 0x1 {09 07 65 11 00 00 01}
0x9B86C                 Option: PCI, Value: 0x2 {09 07 66 11 00 00 02}
0x9B873             End of Options {29 02}
0x9B875         End If {29 02}
0x9B877         Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x9B879             Variable 0xAD9 equals 0x20 {12 06 D9 0A 20 00}
0x9B87F             Setting: Internal Graphics, Variable: 0x10A {05 91 76 11 77 11 B4 01 02 00 0A 01 10 10 00 02 00}
0x9B890                 Default: Other {5B 85 00 00 08}
0x9B895                     Value {5A 82}
0x9B897                         Variable 0xAD9 equals value in list (0x14, 0x1A, 0x1B, 0x46, 0x45) {14 90 D9 0A 05 00 14 00 1A 00 1B 00 46 00 45 00}
0x9B8A7                             Variable 0xAD9 equals value in list (0x73, 0x74) {14 0A D9 0A 02 00 73 00 74 00}
0x9B8B1                             64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x2 {45 0A 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x9B8BB                             64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x0 {45 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x9B8C5                             Conditional {50 02}
0x9B8C7                             64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x1 {45 0A 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x9B8D1                             Conditional {50 02}
0x9B8D3                         End {29 02}
0x9B8D5                     End {29 02}
0x9B8D7                 End {29 02}
0x9B8D9                 Option: Auto, Value: 0x2 {09 07 CB 0F 30 00 02}
0x9B8E0                 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 CD 0F 00 00 00}
0x9B8E7                 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 CC 0F 00 00 01}
0x9B8EE             End of Options {29 02}
0x9B8F0         End If {29 02}

I was trying:
Code:
setup_var 0x10A 0x0
setup_var 0x104 0x3




Didn't seem to work.  Maybe it's locked on setting variables?  How can I check that?  Also maybe my efi shell isn't up to date?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
Anyone have ANY info? I fear this must mean it's variable locked.
find
quote
#3
You might be able to change some settings this way (needs to be adapted): http://www.geektech.co.nz/how-to-unlock-...enovo-y700
find
quote
#4
(05-02-2017, 03:51 PM)mclarke2355 Wrote: You might be able to change some settings this way (needs to be adapted): http://www.geektech.co.nz/how-to-unlock-...enovo-y700

Holy crap!  This is very promising.  Thank you for the lead!
find
quote
#5
Thanks for the suggestion, but it appears that won't work either:


Code:
"Setup" {A04A27F4-DF00-4D42-B552-39511302113D} - write variable FAIL!!

Guess I'll have to bust out the rom programmer.
find
quote
#6
Did you use the BOOTx64.efi as said in the thread about EFI?

That's not the efi shell, it's a modified GRUB linux bootloader with a custom command added, the EFI shell does not have that command.
The creator's page is here, it explains better how to use it. http://feature-enable.blogspot.it/ (his links are dead though)

Also, what are you trying to do by editing that option? All modern laptops have screen and video ports connected to Intel GPU, so it has to be the primary. Dedicated GPU is headless, it has no output ports. If you switch to that you softbrick the laptop (i.e. you get a black screen).

EDIT: I also cannot change variables with that method. I get "error cannot set variable using EFI (error 0x00000000000000001a)"
find
quote
#7
(05-04-2017, 12:42 PM)bobafetthotmail Wrote: Did you use the BOOTx64.efi as said in the thread about EFI?

That's not the efi shell, it's a modified GRUB linux bootloader with a custom command added, the EFI shell does not have that command.
The creator's page is here, it explains better how to use it. http://feature-enable.blogspot.it/ (his links are dead though)

Also, what are you trying to do by editing that option? All modern laptops have screen and video ports connected to Intel GPU, so it has to be the primary. Dedicated GPU is headless, it has no output ports. If you switch to that you softbrick the laptop (i.e. you get a black screen).

EDIT: I also cannot change variables with that method. I get "error cannot set variable using EFI (error 0x00000000000000001a)"

Yeah thats the error I get as well.  I also tried the using the H20UVE utility.  It appears the variable to enable that is set to 0x0 (Setting: H2OUVE Support, Variable: 0x1A7), but I cannot set even that variable.  

So the end result I want is to use the 1050 TI in osx.  I have everything else functioning, but not this gfx card, even though the kexts (drivers) load.  If I have to, I'll just keep using my intel gfx.  

I guess in linux and windows, optimus handles that accordingly.   I would really like to see a document or spec indicating all dedicated cards no longer have output ports.
find
quote
#8
(05-11-2017, 07:28 PM)tical2k Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 12:42 PM)bobafetthotmail Wrote: Did you use the BOOTx64.efi as said in the thread about EFI?

That's not the efi shell, it's a modified GRUB linux bootloader with a custom command added, the EFI shell does not have that command.
The creator's page is here, it explains better how to use it. http://feature-enable.blogspot.it/ (his links are dead though)

Also, what are you trying to do by editing that option? All modern laptops have screen and video ports connected to Intel GPU, so it has to be the primary. Dedicated GPU is headless, it has no output ports. If you switch to that you softbrick the laptop (i.e. you get a black screen).

EDIT: I also cannot change variables with that method. I get "error cannot set variable using EFI (error 0x00000000000000001a)"

Yeah thats the error I get as well.  I also tried the using the H20UVE utility.  It appears the variable to enable that is set to 0x0 (Setting: H2OUVE Support, Variable: 0x1A7), but I cannot set even that variable.  

So the end result I want is to use the 1050 TI in osx.  I have everything else functioning, but not this gfx card, even though the kexts (drivers) load.  If I have to, I'll just keep using my intel gfx.  

I guess in linux and windows, optimus handles that accordingly.   I would really like to see a document or spec indicating all dedicated cards no longer have output ports.

Would you mind sharing your instructions/OS Binary for getting OSX installed on this machine?
find
quote
#9
Sorry, I periodically check this forum.  I could attach my clover config (without serial) if you're still looking.  That should get you up and going I think.  I do run OSX with a nvme drive, but first things first.  Send me a PM if you are still after the config.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)