Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167549
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71457
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22115
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41060
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317387
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101149
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 354
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55375
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64159
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52248
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 253
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

Help with CompuTrace?
I have a HP 4525s, just bought from CL this weekend. Had no OS installed (I see why now). Everything was fine, got new win7 OS installed got all the drivers installed then started downloading a few programs, (avast, Ccleaner etc). All of a sudden I get an all white screen saying Dear User, this laptop has been locked by Everest College blah blah blah. So after googling wtf this was about I see they put this Lojack thing in their laptops before giving them to students, and also found out there is a good chance the police were on their way to my house. So I called Everest Admin and explained to them I just paid 250 for the laptop less than 24 hours ago.

First lady I talked to was great, said she may be able to help. This has happened before and it was worked out somehow. Transferred me to IT I am guessing? Him... not so great or helpful. He says the laptop belongs to someone that still owes school fees. I say does not concern me, I just paid my fees for this laptop. He says since the laptop has not been reported missing or stolen he cannot "force" me to bring it down, but he will in no way, shape or form help me unlock it. Then says "Goodluck" and hangs up on me. Of course this is after I made the deal of me bringing down the laptop for 200 from the school and losing $50, I guess he did not like that idea (yes I know there was not a chance in [censored], but I tried).

Fast forward...I called/emailed absolute. They say there is nothing they can do about it except listen to the administrator which would be I am guessing the IT dept. of the school.

The seller was pretty sneaky, I had to go back into my emails and in the first email did say she was locked out of the laptop so formatted to be safe, no details about the lockout. Just locked out so I must have thought a easy OS install and no worries.

I have heard a BIOS mod does the trick since that is where this is installed before the laptop is shipped. Is this true, and the ONLY way of fixing? I do not see any sign of this in my BIOS to enable to disable. I did find rpcnetp in my sys32 folder so I know it is absolute.

ANY help would be appreciated. Thank You.
find
I will give this a shot here...Sorry for long read.

I have a HP 4525s, just bought from CL this weekend. Had no OS installed (I see why now). Everything was fine, got new win7 OS installed got all the drivers installed then started downloading a few programs, (avast, Ccleaner etc). All of a sudden I get an all white screen saying Dear User, this laptop has been locked by Everest College blah blah blah. So after googling wtf this was about I see they put this Lojack thing in their laptops before giving them to students, and also found out there is a good chance the police were on their way to my house. So I called Everest Admin and explained to them I just paid 250 for the laptop less than 24 hours ago.

First lady I talked to was great, said she may be able to help. This has happened before and it was worked out somehow. Transferred me to IT I am guessing? Him... not so great or helpful. He says the laptop belongs to someone that still owes school fees. I say does not concern me, I just paid my fees for this laptop. He says since the laptop has not been reported missing or stolen he cannot "force" me to bring it down, but he will in no way, shape or form help me unlock it. Then says "Goodluck" and hangs up on me. Of course this is after I made the deal of me bringing down the laptop for 200 from the school and losing $50, I guess he did not like that idea (yes I know there was not a chance in [censored], but I tried).

Fast forward...I called/emailed absolute. They say there is nothing they can do about it except listen to the administrator which would be I am guessing the IT dept. of the school.

The seller was pretty sneaky, I had to go back into my emails and in the first email did say she was locked out of the laptop so formatted to be safe, no details about the lockout. Just locked out so I must have thought a easy OS install and no worries.

I have heard a BIOS mod does the trick which is why i requested since that is where this is installed before the laptop is shipped. Is this true, and the ONLY way of fixing? I do not see any sign of this in my BIOS to enable to disable. I did find rpcnetp in my sys32 folder so I know it is absolute.

ANY help would be appreciated. Thank You.
find
You can delete. I did not know this was a part of the other website.
find
same thing for me, i have had no luck at this, other than installing linux, but i want to install windows 8
find
For all you who do not know yes these computers have a moded bios chip any one can confrum that you can flash the bios or try making a partition with a second windows on it running bear bone. it uses the internet explorer to make the white screen just like the Ransome were called FBI its the same thing pretty much
find