Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

Intel DG41MJ with Xeon L5420
#1
I have copied sentences below from overclock.net:


Hi there,

This is my first post.
Firstly excuse me for my crappy english.
So what is my problem? (other than that above)
I have an Intel DG41MJ motherboard, equipped with latest BIOS.
I bought for this a Xeon L5420 processor, with LGA771->LGA775 converter.
I have done the mod and it's working fine.
But there are some bugs:
CPU fan running only at full rev.
It is a problem, because I would like to use this MB for music listening mainly.
Processor is also running at full speed constantly.
Coretemp shows nonsenses.
According to CPU-Z it is lacks some functions like SSE4.1, VT-x.
Soft reboot not working at all.
I think these problems caused by wrong microcodes in BIOS.
But I can't find a solution for Intel BIOS.
Is there anybody who has a solution for this MB?

Kind regards,
Gyuri

I have modded the last BIOS, with fresh microcodes for L5420.
(see attached)
But I can't flashing it to the motherboard.
I have tried to make checksum for the new BIOS, according to the original, but it doesn't helped.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.txt   MJ0009.TXT (Size: 3.1 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#2
There is a link for available seven BIOS versions for this MB:

DG41MJ BIOS
find
quote
#3
I have corrected my BIOS file MJ0008.BIO, but there isn't any success.
It is impossible to write it to the motherboard's BIOS chip.
I have tried several methods.
It was unsuccesful because of a simple CRC error in the modded BIOS file or anything, I don't know.
Any of the tries ended with an immediate reboot process.
Are there anybody, who has any idea?


I have changed modded BIOS file, it has now the same checksums, than original, no success.
Maybe because CRC not equal.
Or almost anything else.
There are plenty of different algorithms, I'm actually don't know, what to do.
Or there is something certificate in the bios, and this not let it to change.
There are some texts in the BIOS about it.
I have read something about it.
I have tried to update even the first MJ0002.BIO.
Only a quick reboot was the answer.

AIDA64 CPUID Screenshot
   
find
quote
#4
I have a wacky idea.
(You know, on other forum, my epithet is wacky. Smile )
But I have found there is a serial flash device on the DG41MJ, named MX25L8005M2C.
And I have a Willem programmer GQ-4X, which can programming it.
What, if I buy this chip, programming it with altered content, and solder it to the mobo, with new content?
Of course, it is possible that there are some checking routins in the bios, and mobo will vomitting a huge on it.

Any opinions?

Kind regards,
Gyuri the Wacky
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)