Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 74
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55311
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52215
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167180
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Intel Virtualization Technology - Samsung Zeus - 60
Hi guys,
I own an old Samsung Server computer called "ZSS108-N-SMB1" and it came with a generic mixed brand motherboard "Zeus - 60 R 1.07 G (Rev. MP 1.2)".
I tried to flash my modified version (with Virtualization Feature) of its BIOS using Phlash16, but suddenly my UPS battery caused a power short and system suddenly powered off.
Then it isn't booting and keeps showing "Please Wait....." in BIOS screen.
This motherboard hasn't official BIOS Updates from System Manufacturer - SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD because this isn't produced as a separate motherboard and came with an old server desktop model of theirs.

However, as I am lucky, I kept a backup of the worked BIOS version using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0, to use for re-flashing in case of a BIOS Corruption like this.
Worked and factory flashed BIOS for this motherboard is 0ABX.5156.20070124.HJU which they flashed on 1/24/2007.

Worked and factory flashed version of BIOS (0ABX.5156.20070124.HJU) download link (Uploaded by me):
SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCO.,LTD-0ABX.5156.20070124.HJU.rar

I need this BIOS to be modified to show the hidden Intel Virtualization Technology Feature [Enabled / Disabled] option.
BIOS Screenshots

This motherboard has this feature, but it is hidden by default, I say because strings related to it can be seen in "STRINGS00.ROM" file.
In this BIOS, offset for “Intel® Virtualization Technology” menu is "39 13"(1339 in endian format). [Checked and 100% Sure]. It is a Pick Field Menu.

Now, I lost my modified version of BIOS because of the power cut happened, and my USB Drive is also dead suddenly. Sad
When I trying to flash original BIOS (Backed up by me) with Phlash16, it keeps giving error "File Open failed on BIOS ROM file" and Motherboard Buzzer outputs beeps like "An acute long beep, three short beeps".
But, actually my BIOS file named "BIOS.ROM" exists in my bootable DOS USB Stick.

Please tell me what is causing this Phlash16 Error and also add Intel Virtualization Technology Feature [Enabled / Disabled] option into the "CPU Control" sub section in Advanced section in this BIOS.
Thanks in advance.
find
Hello GTAVLover,

Thank you for including your own observations/research in your request!

The Phlash16 error results from the fact that a crucial section of data is missing from the BIOS backup. When a BIOS backup is made, the platform data at the end of the BIOS image is not backed up. This data instructs the flashing program on how to flash the particular BIOS image. Only factory BIOS images can be flashed, as only they contain this essential data. 

A BIOS dump can be made flashable by taking platform data from similar BIOS images for similar motherboard models (same chipset, etc.) and applying it to said backup. Unfortunately, finding a compatible BIOS image from a similar motherboard model can be difficult. Furthermore, upon looking at your BIOS image, I noticed that the primary language used in the STRINGS module was not English or was some combination of English and another language that cannot be rendered by the hex editor, which complicates things for me. 

There is another method to unlock VT-x that does not involve modifying the BIOS, however. This is the NVRAM register method. The CMOS NVRAM stores your BIOS settings in registers. Modifying these registers changes BIOS settings, even if they do not appear in the BIOS menus. In order to determine the proper register to modify, I will inspect your BIOS image. I will need you to upload a copy of your NVRAM token table. Please follow the following instructions:

Instructions:
1.) Create a bootable DOS flashdrive using these instructions. Afterwards, extract this archive onto the flashdrive. This archive contains the symcmos program that will be used to read from and write to your CMOS NVRAM.
2.) Boot into your DOS flashdrive and type the read command below. If it does not work (Ex. It says that something could not be found), type "C:\" first. The read command will dump your computer's NVRAM Token Table onto the flashdrive.
3.) Upload your NVRAM Token Table text file (obtained in Step #2) here. 
4.) I will make the necessary modifications to the NVRAM token table and upload it back here. Download it and put it on your flashdrive, replacing the original file. Boot into the DOS flashdrive and use the write command specified below. Be sure to replace "Modified.txt" in the command below with the name of your own Token Table text file.
5.) Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off. This is necessary with settings that require a power cycle (such as VT-x).

Reading/Writing the CMOS NVRAM:
Code:
Reading:
symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

Writing:
symcmos -v2 -UModified.txt ; "Modified.txt" is an example file name
~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Yes, the primary language used in STRINGS module is Korean as this motherboard was manufactured by Samsung, English(US) can be chosen by the user.

NVRAM Token Table Text file has been successfully obtained and attached.

Thank you for your help.  Smile

Attached Files
.txt   DEFAULT.TXT (Size: 6.6 KB / Downloads: 8)
find
Hello GTAVLover,

Below is the VT-x (virtualization) register. I also included the AHCI register in case you are interested. Make the below changes to the token table text file and continue the NVRAM modification instructions above to enable VT-x and/or AHCI.

VT-x Register: 0252; Change [0252] (0000) -> [0252] (0001)
AHCI Register: 008A; Change [008A] (0000) -> [008A] (0001)

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello Sml6397,
Your solution worked fine.......Now Intel VT-X has been enabled........
I will donate you as soon as I become an employer.(Still a student  Shy )
Thank You Very Much...... Heart
find
You are welcome! I am glad the fix worked for you!

www find
Good Morning SML6397,

Just a question would will the instruction you posted  will work for my pre-owned computer to activate VT-x?
I have the same bios information (BIOS Version/Date SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD 0ABX.5156.20070124.HJU, 1/24/2007)

Thank you and more blessings
find
(03-19-2018, 01:37 AM)marskie7 Wrote: Good Morning SML6397,

Just a question would will the instruction you posted  will work for my pre-owned computer to activate VT-x?
I have the same bios information (BIOS Version/Date SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD 0ABX.5156.20070124.HJU, 1/24/2007)

Hello marskie7,

Yes. As long as the BIOS version is the same the NVRAM registers should be the same as well.

~Steven

www find
(03-19-2018, 02:04 AM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 01:37 AM)marskie7 Wrote: Good Morning SML6397,

Hello marskie7,

Yes. As long as the BIOS version is the same the NVRAM registers should be the same as well.

~Steven

Hello sml6397,

attached is my nvram. I tried to update it and check it online still saying disable https://ibb.co/hhYk2x

Attached Files
.txt   LITERAL.TXT (Size: 6.6 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
Hello Sml6397, nice to see you again..... Smile

This motherboard ( Samsung Zeus-60 R1.07G ) supports 65 nm Conroe 1066 MHz FSB Core 2 Duo Processors.
This is my backup motherboard. I also did a CPU upgrade. ( Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6300 -> E6600 ). Performance was improved significantly.

This motherboard's CPU_FAN Header stopped working long ago ( even before I ask this thread ) because I mistakenly tried to upgrade to a E8400 Processor, which this doesn't support.

Hello marskie7, If your motherboard is same and has the same BIOS version as mine, NVRAM Registers should be same. Anyway Good Luck to you too.  Smile
find