Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424241
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223963
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119114
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61909
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169177
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6277
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

Lenovo Legion T730-28ICO Memory settings locked in BIOS?
#1
Hey guys! I recently purchased a RAM upgrade for my Lenovo Gaming PC but I have kinda ran into a brick wall... I'm unable to get the advertised speeds because it seems like Lenovo locked the memory voltage. Their BIOS is extremely basic and does not give any memory options or the ability to enable XMP profiles. I tried using intels tuning utility, when when I use that  to apply the XMP profile in windows it wont post after the restart. When I try manually setting the timings and voltage it seems like it will apply the timings but gets an error and says it cannot apply the voltage, no matter what i try it seems to be locked at the stock memory voltage, it would not let me increase the memory clock multiplier either. When I run the Taiphoon app it says "Writes to SMBus addresses 50h-57h are disabled by BIOS Setting!"   Please Help! I cant afford to upgrade the motherboard :-( . I am hoping either someone could unlock the memory in the BIOS or add the options to overlock the memory / apply an XMP profile in the BIOS? Thank you for your help!

Uploaded images of my BIOS, cpuz, and intel utility to my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ytihcm7jpufzz...D5cRa?dl=0

BIOS available on Lenovo's website:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/produ...IOS%2FUEFI
find
quote
#2
(12-07-2019, 01:51 PM)Motion26 Wrote: Hey guys! I recently purchased a RAM upgrade for my Lenovo Gaming PC but I have kinda ran into a brick wall... I'm unable to get the advertised speeds because it seems like Lenovo locked the memory voltage. Their BIOS is extremely basic and does not give any memory options or the ability to enable XMP profiles. I tried using intels tuning utility, when when I use that  to apply the XMP profile in windows it wont post after the restart. When I try manually setting the timings and voltage it seems like it will apply the timings but gets an error and says it cannot apply the voltage, no matter what i try it seems to be locked at the stock memory voltage, it would not let me increase the memory clock multiplier either. When I run the Taiphoon app it says "Writes to SMBus addresses 50h-57h are disabled by BIOS Setting!"   Please Help! I cant afford to upgrade the motherboard :-( . I am hoping either someone could unlock the memory in the BIOS or add the options to overlock the memory / apply an XMP profile in the BIOS? Thank you for your help!

Uploaded images of my BIOS, cpuz, and intel utility to my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ytihcm7jpufzz...D5cRa?dl=0

BIOS available on Lenovo's website:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/produ...IOS%2FUEFI
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
Sad 
(12-07-2019, 05:07 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 01:51 PM)Motion26 Wrote: Hey guys! I recently purchased a RAM upgrade for my Lenovo Gaming PC but I have kinda ran into a brick wall... I'm unable to get the advertised speeds because it seems like Lenovo locked the memory voltage. Their BIOS is extremely basic and does not give any memory options or the ability to enable XMP profiles. I tried using intels tuning utility, when when I use that  to apply the XMP profile in windows it wont post after the restart. When I try manually setting the timings and voltage it seems like it will apply the timings but gets an error and says it cannot apply the voltage, no matter what i try it seems to be locked at the stock memory voltage, it would not let me increase the memory clock multiplier either. When I run the Taiphoon app it says "Writes to SMBus addresses 50h-57h are disabled by BIOS Setting!"   Please Help! I cant afford to upgrade the motherboard :-( . I am hoping either someone could unlock the memory in the BIOS or add the options to overlock the memory / apply an XMP profile in the BIOS? Thank you for your help!

Uploaded images of my BIOS, cpuz, and intel utility to my dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ytihcm7jpufzz...D5cRa?dl=0

BIOS available on Lenovo's website:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/produ...IOS%2FUEFI
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

Sad Sad Sad  So i would need these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40001926...b201603_53

And probably to know what I'm doing software wise?
find
quote
#4
(12-07-2019, 05:19 PM)Motion26 Wrote: Sad Sad Sad  So i would need these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40001926...b201603_53

And probably to know what I'm doing software wise?
this programmer does not work with the SOIC8 clip
enough CH341A
find
quote
#5
(12-08-2019, 02:32 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 05:19 PM)Motion26 Wrote: Sad Sad Sad  So i would need these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40001926...b201603_53

And probably to know what I'm doing software wise?
this programmer does not work with the SOIC8 clip
enough CH341A

I ordered a programmer, I'll post when i get the scanner in and can get retrieve a BIOS dump
find
quote
#6
(12-08-2019, 02:32 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 05:19 PM)Motion26 Wrote: Sad Sad Sad  So i would need these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40001926...b201603_53

And probably to know what I'm doing software wise?
this programmer does not work with the SOIC8 clip
enough CH341A

I got the Programmer in and sent you the bin file i was able to retrieve
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)