Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424385
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 272
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224390
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309682
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169254
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6337
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61189

Mod BIOS v3.6 for Acer Aspire 5633 WLMi
#1
Hi everyone.
I am happy to be member of this page. It is extraordiary for someone who does not know much about BIOS like me, what amazing adds you make modding the BIOS.
So my problem is that I Have the laptop I mentioned on the Title and I am unable a) To enable Intel Virtualization Technology and b)cannot use more than 3GB in x64 OS, although the chipset (intel GM945) supports up to 4GB RAM. It is a Phoenix BIOS.
Is there a way to have a Mod version of the bios, that will allow me to fix these to problems?
The link of the BIOS is: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_v3.60.zip?acerid=633643232670583506&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205630&OS=ALL&LC=el&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_14
and I also attached it.

Thank you Very Much!


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_v3.60.zip (Size: 1.69 MB / Downloads: 16)
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Memory. This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: MemoryMap_Enduro.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.
find
quote
#3
Dear DeathBringer. Thank you for your Reply. I will do as you told me and tomorrow I will Upload the screenshots. Once again, thank you very much. Just a correction. As I have seen with tke crucial utility, my Chipse is called  Intel 945PM. Sorry for my mistake

Edit: I took the picture you asked me (MyMemory01)

And this is my system (MyMemory02)


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Look at your screenshot.
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0xC0000000 address is used by internal devices. So 3072 Mb are available.
PCI bus use I/O addresses: from 0xC0000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF. Because of it the chipset can't use addresses higher then 0xC0000000 for operating memory.

Theoretically this range can be reduces to 0xC8000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 3200 Mb.
find
quote
#5
(09-03-2017, 05:45 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Look at your screenshot.
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0xC0000000 address is used by internal devices. So 3072 Mb are available.
PCI bus use I/O addresses: from 0xC0000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF. Because of it the chipset can't use addresses higher then 0xC0000000 for operating memory.

Theoretically this range can be reduces to 0xC8000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 3200 Mb.

Dear DeathBringer

Sorry for my rudeness not to answer you sooner. I would like to thank you very much for spending your time in order to help me. I would like to ask you one last question. Is there any way to chenge the 32bit's PAE, or this is from the a chipset setting and thus I cannot interfer?
find
quote
#6
You can't, it's a hardware limit.
find
quote
#7
(09-11-2017, 11:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: You can't, it's a hardware limit.

Ok Thank you for your support. I Really appreciate it
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)