Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Old intel core duo 2 t9900 on a vaio vgn-fz38
#1
Hi guys,
I have an old Sony vaio vgn fz38m from 2009 maybe and I'm trying to keep it alive as long as possible. It has some kind of sentimental value. So far I've changed GPU (defective nvidia), broken Blu ray player (replaced with bluray burner Big Grin btw does empty Blu ray even exist?) ram, and now it's time for CPU.

Previous CPU was Intel core duo 2 t8100 and I bought the t9900. Internet and official pages say it must work. But it's not. Lights are blinking but screen doesn't turn on.

I was wondering if BIOS needs an update but I can't find many information and I am new to this, so I am asking your help.

BIOS version is r2110j7.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!!!

Enrico

Or it might be a defective CPU? Before asking for a replacement and send it back to China I want to be sure I am not missing something
find
quote
#2
(12-27-2021, 06:22 PM)Starlingc Wrote: Or it might be a defective CPU?
Who knows.
But the real reason the T9900 won't work on your laptop is the PM965 chipset. It supports CPU FSB frequencies up to 800MHz, while the new CPU has 1066MHz. The T8100 was already optimal.
find
quote
#3
Post a screenshot with Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#4
here are information from cpuz
i was wondering if i can update to t9500 instead of t9900. fsb is 800 mhz on this one


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#5
T8100, T8300, T9300 and T9500 are recommended for this laptop.
find
quote
#6
Thanks a lot deathbringer and maxinator.
I got the wrong info when I bought the t9900!

I 'll ask if I can send it back to China and change it with a 9500. Otherwise I wasted some money but learned something. Thanks again

Enrico
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)