Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14051
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424582
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3660
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224936
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119216
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309851
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20323
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169453
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6397
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 868

Pentium P6100 to i3-390M in Toshiba L630
#1
I am currently upgrading (resurrecting) a Toshiba L630 PSK60A-00E003 laptop which is running Win10.

It is a Socket G1 for the Pentium 6100 and my research shows I could go in the dual core processors to an i3-390M.  (The CPU Fan died)

 Will any of the i5 such as the 460M or 480M work in this old machine? as I notice they have the turbo frequency available. 

Also, in my research I noticed that I should update the BIOS "Before" I install a new processor.  The Toshiba update site doesn't have an option for Win 10 so that doesn't help?. 

Can I just update the Bios with the Win 8.1 64 bit from Toshiba?. 

Also, if I can go with the i3 processor, will I need to update the BIOS again?. 

Confused This is my first real upgrade project so go easy on me.  Regards Squizzy.
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
find
quote
#3
(01-22-2017, 10:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.

The machine is in pieces while I wait for a new fan and solder in a new USB plug.

Specs are here:  http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/com...ifications

Info on the CPU is here: http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Pe...P6100.html
find
quote
#4
Come back when you'll assemble your laptop.
I'm not sure that BIOS update is required.
Toshiba BIOS flasher is common for all Windows versions.
find
quote
#5
(01-22-2017, 10:57 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Come back when you'll assemble your laptop.
I'm not sure that BIOS update is required.
Toshiba BIOS flasher is common for all Windows versions.

Ahh Ha.  Thank you for that.   Most helpful

It will be some time before I get to boot it up as some guy in china has to make the fan then put it in an envelope and send it down under...

Regards


Squizzy
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)