Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107664
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3535
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9185
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8739
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14344
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425619
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119700
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310574
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-51 BIOS Unlock
#1
Hi,

I've dumped the bios using hardware CH341a USB programmer along with flashrom on Ubuntu. It's an Acer Predator Helios 500 with I7 8750h, 16Gb ram, GTX 1070.

[Bios Removed]

The bios chip is a cmedia GD25Q128D (used GD25Q128C within flashrom) . Can you please unlock all hidden menu? Also let me know if the dump is fine, or if I should switch to windows to read / write the bios chip.

I'll donate upon successful bios unlock!  Smile

Thanks,
find
quote
#2
(08-27-2018, 02:38 AM)vanadium Wrote: Hi,

I've dumped the bios using hardware CH341a USB programmer along with flashrom on Ubuntu. It's an Acer Predator Helios 500 with I7 8750h, 16Gb ram, GTX 1070.

The bios chip is a cmedia GD25Q128D (used GD25Q128C within flashrom) . Can you please unlock all hidden menu? Also let me know if the dump is fine, or if I should switch to windows to read / write the bios chip.

I'll donate upon successful bios unlock!  Smile

Thanks,
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your PM

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#3
Thanks, let me try it Smile
find
quote
#4
Working fine, thanks. Donation sent Smile
find
quote
#5
Can I also have the unlocked bios please??
model: PH517-51
Its an Acer Predator Helios 500 with I7 8750H, 32Gb ram, GTX 1070
find
quote
#6
(10-13-2018, 09:38 AM)albi Wrote: Can I also have the unlocked bios please??  
model: PH517-51  
Its an Acer Predator Helios 500 with I7 8750H, 32Gb ram, GTX 1070
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#7
(10-13-2018, 09:54 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 09:38 AM)albi Wrote: Can I also have the unlocked bios please??  
model: PH517-51  
Its an Acer Predator Helios 500 with I7 8750H, 32Gb ram, GTX 1070
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

Ahh don't mind me, I don't have that hardware and I don't plan into diging that deep into laptops hardware, 
Thought more ais flashable through windwos.
find
quote
#8
Hi !

I've dumped the bios using a CH341a USB programmer and flashrom. It's an Acer Predator Helios 500 with i9 8950HK and a GTX 1070.

The bios chip is a D25B127A (flashrom detected it as GD25Q128B/C, dumps are consistants with multiple reads and devices) . Can you please unlock the hidden menus?

I'll donate after a successful flash Shy


Thanks !


Attached Files
.bin   Helios500-bios.bin (Size: 16 MB / Downloads: 32)
find
quote
#9
(02-27-2019, 10:21 AM)Moff Tigriss Wrote: Hi !

I've dumped the bios using a CH341a USB programmer and flashrom. It's an Acer Predator Helios 500 with i9 8950HK and a GTX 1070.

The bios chip is a D25B127A (flashrom detected it as GD25Q128B/C, dumps are consistants with multiple reads and devices) . Can you please unlock the hidden menus?

I'll donate after a successful flash Shy


Thanks !
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#10
Hello
I've extracted the bios from my Acer predator helios 500 PH517-51-72NU using a CH341a usb programmer.
Could I by any chance get it completely unlocked for access to all the settings and I'll donate upon after I verify the flash.


Attached Files
.bin   bios.original.bin (Size: 16 MB / Downloads: 25)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)