Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6374
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14014
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424519
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224696
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119180
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 421
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309770
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61979
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20290
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169395
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837

[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Asus ROG GL502VM
#1
Hiya
Firstly where is BIOS data physically stored?
I'd like to dump and flash using CH341A programmer and SOIC8 clip as I've previously done on other laptops but on this laptop the resultant dump using flashrom is too small, only 1Mb and not recognized in usual AMI BIOS tools or any other tools.
I dumped ROM using ftpw and the size was good, around 6Mb like Asus official, and the dump could be opened in AMIBCP.exe

So I guess I'm attaching SOIC8 clip to wrong chip?
Circled in red is the chip I clip
bios chip?

I'd like to open up the menus and see if ROM is stable with removal of ME via me_cleaner.

Current ROM can be found here GL502VMAS304.zip
The valid dump I created:  dump-from-fptw.rom
Bad dump: dump-from-ch341A.rom

I searched the forum and a very similar GL702VM (just bigger screen I think) seems to have menus opened up and a GL502VS (GPU is 1070 rather than 1060) has it's own thread with good work done.

Cheers,
OrangeCube
find
quote
#2
Bios size is 8mb but your dump bios is 1m , so i guess you read error chip(EC??).
Its name should like w25q64fvssig or mx25l64xxx ,you can re-search correct bios chip again in motherboard.

find
quote
#3
(11-30-2019, 11:13 PM)genius239 Wrote: Bios size is 8mb but your dump bios is 1m , so i guess you read error chip(EC??).
Its name should like w25q64fvssig or mx25l64xxx ,you can re-search correct bios chip again in motherboard.

Thanks. I had another look and found the right chip (W25Q64FVSIQ) and now the clip read/writing is working. 
I've upgraded my ME firmware then killed the ME with me_cleaner and reflashed and the laptop is running fine.

I might play around with AMIBCP.exe later on and see what's usefull to enable in there.
find
quote
#4
Hello could you help me please to unlock hidden menus for latest bios for Asus gl502vm
If it is possible to enable integrated gpu?
Bios dump provided.
Thanks!

https://yadi.sk/d/-s495SXu8
find
quote
#5
Hi~~
Try this modded.
https://usersdrive.com/4oexy9l8gcd5.html

find
quote
#6
Question 
Hi, I absolutely hate the BIOS that comes with the Asus ROG GL502VM. It's needlessly bloated, has barely any options even in "advanced" mode, and is all-around just a mess. I am trying to do some things, and I can't find half of the settings I need in the BIOS menu. That is why I am asking all of you lovely folks if you might be able to help me out? Any help would be appreciated! Big Grin

GL502VMK.308 BIOS Link

I also saw someone request images of all currently available pages in BIOS, so here they are just in case
find
quote
#7
I would like to be able to unvervolt or just have full access to the cpu secs so i can get better battery life. Wold also be nice to be able to use the integrated GPU instead of the power hungry 1060. I saw some other posts for similar laptops, but they never matched completely in either bios version or laptop model. I'm new to this whole scene so any help with the processes of dumping bios/installing the new bios would be helpful.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)