Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227636
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

[REQUEST] DELL INSPIRON 3147 Whitelist Removal / INTEL N 7260 OR BIOS PROBLEM?
#1
Hello,

I would like to ask for help, because I've tried everything with my wifi card, googled what i could have googled,  I installed sevral drivers (all resulted code 10). Tried to change EEPROM of my Intel wifi card (to switch (1)VEN and (2)SUBSYS values  (1) b2=>b1; (2) c2=>c4) and I couldn't manage to do so (EEPROM operation not supported or something like that even to read, not to say read&write). 

I thought that bios\efi may be good point to make this card work - here I was stuck on trying to do the dump, the current (DELL Insyde A10 BIOS\EFI) to possibly when something goes wrong, to restore the previous bios.

I found the file testback.exe on forum and did some dump, it came with an error 201. I kept the file result.rar I do not know if it;s correct. Tried to open it with winhex... no luck. And ealier I tried to extract update file (3147A10) and came with some files, but it doesn't look like correct one (fd, rom, bin etc.) When trying to reflashing bios it created some temp files, i compared files with those i extracted with 7z, it was additional bin file, but it seems to be  flash utility (isflash.bin).

My problem is that to run the card Intel Wireless-N 7260 on a laptop DELL Inspiron 3147th From what I realized after the purchase, the card comes with Lenovo and doesn't work with other manufactures (vendors?).

I assume that the problem is caused by the whitelist, because the card works on Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 comes with error 10 and installing different drivers doesnt change anything (I tried on wins 8, 8.1 since my laptop can run win8 and newer)

Would anyone like to help me to make this card start on windows?
1. Any idea , Bios-mod or  eeprom mod...?
2. Whitelist removal or addition of PCI VEN subsys REV to my  BIOS/EFI or something?
3. Does DELL have the whitelist?


My OEM card is:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020E1028&REV_01
The card i want to work on my computer is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_C2628086&REV_C3

I attach my result file, other files mentioned and some screenshots.

K.

BIOS UPDATE EXE File - http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03686627M/1/3147A10.exe

----

Ps. Sorry for my English, and thank in advance for any help.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           

.rar   7zSA78B.tmp.rar (Size: 4.06 MB / Downloads: 1)
.rar   result.rar (Size: 3.06 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)