Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[REQUEST] HP Envy x360 15-bp194cl
#1
HP Envy x360 15-bp194cl (i7-8550u, mx150-0)
Bios Revision : Insyde F.46, 12/2/2019 (latest as of 4/29/20)
F.46 Bios Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100953.exe, ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100953.exe

My request is a bit different. Using the HP BIOS update file, extracting the INSYDE flash tool, then having it export the BIOS file, I opened up 083C8.bin using UEFITool NE (version alpha 44) and did a search for "Hidden", which yielded 7 results, all coming from the same source,

Intel image > BIOS region > 1FD0BACE-6F0A-4085-901E-F6210385CB6F > 20BC8AC9-94D1-4208-AB28-5D673FD73486 > LzmaCustomDecompressGuid > Volume image section > EfiFirmwareFileSystem2Guid > DriverSampleDxe > PE32 image section


from there, I extracted it "as-is", to a bin file which I opened using Universal IFR Extractor v0.5. It detected the UEFI Protocol, and I extracted the IFR, opening the text file revealed a tree-like list of options and their possible variable "options", which I found many entries matching both options currently visible in my BIOS, and some not. I am aware how to boot a UEFI Shell to use the setup_var to enable the Advanced page, but I'm just not sure what variable to change. I unfortunately cannot provide a BIOS dump, because the tool I've tried all say unsupported BIOS configuration, or something along the lines of that.

I am using some of the resources from this (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tutorial-xps-15-9550-9550-bios-advanced-options.810307/) guide, but I'm stuck. I didn't have much luck trying to change any variables as setup_var couldn't do anything but most of the time setup_var2 returned offset out of range, which makes me believe that either i'ts simply not there, or it's locked in some way. I tried changing two variables, numlock on boot (cannot verify), and trying to up the PL4 limit (which removed Windows being able to set performance modes interesting)

My end goal is to be access the hidden "Advanced" page, and be able to tweak a few more things of my laptop. My laptop is still under warranty so does BIOS flashing it void the warranty? I know how to do BIOS recovery I've just never tried it on my system, and I'm curious that if I have to send in my laptop for repairs for whatever reason, and I perform a BIOS recovery, will they (the warranty repair facility) know that I've modded it?

The included zip file has the UEFITool NE tool, the IFR Extractor, the export of the PE32 image section as a bin, the IFR from the bin, and the two original BIOS bin files (I used 083C8.bin). If you don't trust (hey that's fine gotta look out for more than one type of virus Big Grin), you can also grab them from the notebookreview link I put.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)