Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224193
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119151
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6770
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20256
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169214
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6310
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 804
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5773
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61164

[REQUEST] Lenovo Leigion Y520-25ICZ Desktop advanced/hidden menu unlock
#1
Hello,
can you unlock the hidden menu in this BIOS?

The BIOS is very limited. I want to change the temperature settings for the CPU, because its very loud in idle.
I also want to try if I can change some BIOS settings to make SpeedFan detect my fans.

Maybe it´s worth to mention that I booted from Linux and found an efivar named "OA3BackDoorVariable", but I am not sure if I can flip the bit or if I will brick my PC. Can I maybe try this?

Here is the link to the current BIOS: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/produ...IOS%2FUEFI

Thank you very much

Edit: I added the .bin-file from the setup. I flashed the BIOS with this file.


Attached Files
.bin   IMAGEO3U.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#2
1. Could you attach some bios screenshots ?
2. Please do a test , open bios file with amibcp and  make any alteration and save it ,then use original update utility to test flashing.
3. If the modified bios can't re-flash again ,please use this tool to dump bios and attach it.

find
quote
#3
Thank you for the response.

I opened the IMAGEO3U.bin file in amibcp, but it only showed the tab "BIOS Features". So I can´t change anything.

I also tried to open the dumped file with amibcp with the same result, but some values changed. (See screenshots)

What I am aiming for is something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iSmObC6rY8
(I also tried the key combinations but it didnt work.)

Thanks in advance

Link to files: https://easyupload.io/iykzsp
find
quote
#4
1. https://image.bingfeng.tw/images/y520.png
2. Your machine is a AMI bios, but you refer to a sample with insyde bios??

find
quote
#5
Thats my bad, I havent looked closely. They look very similar.

I had an older version of amibcp. I downloaded the same version as you have, opened the file and got more tabs. (4.53 <-> 5.02.0031)

Then I changed the QuietBoot option from enabled to disabled and it didnt work.
I also changed one char in a control group stucture but got the same error.
"18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify fail.", see also screenshot.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
So ,it proves we can't edit original bios to re-flash.

Now try this mod.

find
quote
#7
I changed the value to 0x0 in grub and tried to flash but it shows me the error "Undefined ROM image BIOS version"
I used the original flash utility from Lenovo which is using the afuwin.exe when flashing.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#8
Fpt show message "Undefined ROM image BIOS version"??and why you still flashing the original "IMAGEO3U.bin"? do you understand what you're doing??
I modified bios file name is mod.rom ,have you see my guide??

You seems simply haven't try to updated official bios, right?? This error message is from official update tool when you flashing it.

find
quote
#9
I did not use Fpt to flash your modded bios.
I used the original Lenovo flash utility which uses the afuwin.exe.

I have seen your guide and your mod.rom and I actually flashed with your modded rom, but I just renamed it to "IMAGEO3U.bin", so I didnt have to change the programm to take a different path/name. The hash values were the same, so it is the same file.

Now I also tried to flash it with FTPW64 and flash.bat (which you sent me in your #2 post) but got following error:
"Error 368: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space.
FPT Operation Failed."

I have tried to update/flash the BIOS with the original "IMAGEO3U.bin" file (which I attached in my first post) and it worked. So I have updated to the newest official bios, if you mean that.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
So ,you need disable bios lock in grub shell(Step3) to avoid error message in fpt.
If you're sure that you already set "bios lock" to disable in the grub environment ,but it still show what a protect message , it mean fpt can't re-flash modified bios and this way is not suitable in lenovo's machine.

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)