Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424506
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224651
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309759
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169390
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

[REWARD] [REQUEST] Dell G7 15 7590 bios mod
#1
I have a dell g7 15 7590 and an IC programer. I have managed to dump my bios which was correupted and get a good versions below. I am willing to pay $50 if you can unlock the bios options xmp, undervolting, and god forbid overclock the cpu to 4.5. Yes my cooling can handle it and I am not afraid to flash it myself with a ic programer

Ok to get better links now that I can actually see what I am typing, here are some links in order
(corrupted bios dump straight from the chip using ic programmer) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x-5Ui8K...sp=sharing
(good bios dump from the manufacture which I flashed directly to my bios chip from another computer) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8gFnfm...sp=sharing
(notable extraction of the dell exe bios installer) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
(notable pull from the extracted bios with indications disabled features) https://drive.google.com/file/d/11md4vf7...sp=sharing
(what I did to unlock undervolting) https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/k...nd_remove/
I will post images of all the bios tabs later but suffice to say I have no overclocking menus at all and no ram profile menus either.
find
quote
#2
(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: xmp
Possibly.

(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: undervolting
Possibly. Platform Voltage Overrides setting exist.

(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: overclock the cpu to 4.5
No multiplier management through the bios.

I'm willing to help you, but there is 1179 settings suppressions that should be changed manually. I prepared a test version of the mod both for flashing through IFPT and a full dump through the programmer. I didn't unlock absolutely everything, but only hidden tabs, that's why if I did it, and the mod turned out to be not working... You understand me.
I'll do what you wanted, if the test mod is successful.
5590&7590&7790_1.14.0_testunlock.zip
find
quote
#3
(02-05-2021, 05:02 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: xmp
Possibly.

(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: undervolting
Possibly. Platform Voltage Overrides setting exist.

(02-04-2021, 11:38 PM)FriedTm Wrote: overclock the cpu to 4.5
No multiplier management through the bios.

I'm willing to help you, but there is 1179 settings suppressions that should be changed manually. I prepared a test version of the mod both for flashing through IFPT and a full dump through the programmer. I didn't unlock absolutely everything, but only hidden tabs, that's why if I did it, and the mod turned out to be not working... You understand me.
I'll do what you wanted, if the test mod is successful.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/342ahi

that download file you sent is giving me a "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" after I click download. I tried through a few free proxies and I got the same issue. As for the rest, I know for a fact that Undervolting was in the bios in version 1.8 which was removed. I have been able to manually reactivate it myself using grub. As for xmp I know the board supports it, so even if you cant get it to show in bios getting it to run would be good enough.

here upload the file here, it will be open till the 9th and its a server I run https://mail.meatcupgames.org/s/zAWGwaa3jGQQt28
find
quote
#4
(02-05-2021, 03:06 PM)FriedTm Wrote: here upload the file here, it will be open till the 9th and its a server I run https://mail.meatcupgames.org/s/zAWGwaa3jGQQt28
I am getting the "could not upload" error.
New link: GDrive


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
Give me a few days and i will do it, kinda have the chip out of the board at the moment. I will tell you that the non flash solution did not work. As for uploading to that address its country sensitive i enabled ru but i can enable any you need Smile
find
quote
#6
(02-05-2021, 04:06 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 03:06 PM)FriedTm Wrote: here upload the file here, it will be open till the 9th and its a server I run https://mail.meatcupgames.org/s/zAWGwaa3jGQQt28
I am getting the "could not upload" error.
New link: GDrive

Ok so I have done both methods suggested. The first one does nothing and the flashing puts it into bios recovery mode. This may be a dead end but I am still willing to pay if you can make a method to enable XMP. I used grub and I have even found the locations in the bios to change it however grub is limited to only setting a hex of two characters instead of three. This leaves me able to set xmp and do all the necessary steps but I cannon set the ram speed to anything other than zero. Which I tried and it worked, bricking my laptop with ram errors until I reflashed it. Sorry for the delay btw I got distracted at work, but I am really into seeing if I can get this to work so please let me know Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#7
dude at this point I am about to rewrite grub setup_var_3 myself. This is crazy. Are you telling me there is no ability to change start up values which a size bigger than 2 places in hex?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)