Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 50
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317101
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2521
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55310
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6567
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167166
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[Removed] Acer Aspire One AO722, BIOS V1.04 no_whitelist
Hi!

I'm absolutely new to the whole idea of BIOSes and flashing, but I was able to figure out that I need to disable the whitelist from my Acer AO722 in order to be able to use my Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 wireless card. The BIOS is InsydeH20, version 1.04

I've searched this website, but I've only found a thread about unlocking hidden menus and such in the BIOS.

If someone could post a link that brings you to a download of a BIOS modded to the above specifications, it would be awesomesauce.

I just recently flashed my BIOS from version 1.01 to 1.04, and I used the .exe file from the Acer support website to flash the BIOS while running windows; it then restarted and everything worked fine. Alternatively, I could have flashed it through a .bat file. How does one flash a BIOS through pure DOS mode and execute a .bat?

Also, if the provided, modded BIOS turns out to be corrupt or everything just goes kaput, how does one flash it to a previous, stable version? If there are already threads on the last two questions, or if I should post them elsewhere please direct me there.

Thanks!

Oh and my current wireless card is a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter. Its hardware ID is:
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

There are three other numbers above it, but according to this website:

http://vm-help.com/esx/esx3i/find_PCI_ID.php

the last set of numbers is all you need for the PCI ID number. What do the PCI numbers mean anyhow (in laymans terms)?

Thanks!
Last but not least, here's a download link to the most current version of the BIOS from the Acer Support website.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...1584910155&Step1=NETBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20ONE&Step3=AO722&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7

Click here for the page that it came from:
http://www.support.acer.com/us/en/produc...delId=3658
find
I will have a look at it and will try to remove whitelist check for you. Keep watching the thread. Wink
http://www.mediafire.com/?vw3knsrkqdk27lp

Test this and tell me Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
Wow that was quick! I'll let you know how it is as soon as I try it out Big Grin
Okay so I took it for a test drive; my BIOS is now nice and unlocked (thanks!), but my
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN wireless adapter still doesn't work.

Maybe you removed the white list value for my old, OEM card? Which in theory shouldn't do anything.

The PCI hardware-ID-thing for the card that I can't get to work is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&CC_0280

In addition, I've ran a manual-hardware check using Intel's supported software for this card, and it shows failure message saying: " The wireless adapter is disabled or uninstalled"
It also says that I have driver version 13.5.0.6, which seems to be up to date.

It looks like the whitelist is still blocking its use.

Thanks for your help camiloml!
Also, if this helps any further, in the Device Manager page, it has an exclamation point next to the name of the wireless adapter.

When I go into properties under the General tab, it also has this to say:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

find
hmmm, if the PC boots with the new card installed and doesn't complain about unsupported wireles device bla bla then is not whitelist problem.

Maybe you need to tap one of the contacts on the PCI-e slot to make the card working. Look for alhaz posts in confirmed section there's explain in his thread.

Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(08-29-2011, 01:32 PM)KirillV Wrote: Wow that was quick! I'll let you know how it is as soon as I try it out Big Grin
Okay so I took it for a test drive; my BIOS is now nice and unlocked (thanks!), but my
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN wireless adapter still doesn't work.

Maybe you removed the white list value for my old, OEM card? Which in theory shouldn't do anything.

The PCI hardware-ID-thing for the card that I can't get to work is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&CC_0280

In addition, I've ran a manual-hardware check using Intel's supported software for this card, and it shows failure message saying: " The wireless adapter is disabled or uninstalled"
It also says that I have driver version 13.5.0.6, which seems to be up to date.

It looks like the whitelist is still blocking its use.

Thanks for your help camiloml!
Also, if this helps any further, in the Device Manager page, it has an exclamation point next to the name of the wireless adapter.

When I go into properties under the General tab, it also has this to say:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Hey KirillV. Any luck getting this to work yet?
Hey Camilo. What is the password to unpack the original executable for the windows install of the BIOS?
find
Don't know the pass, i use another trick to get the unpacked content Smile

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(08-31-2011, 03:16 PM)BuckeyeGuy Wrote: Hey KirillV. Any luck getting this to work yet?
Hey Camilo. What is the password to unpack the original executable for the windows install of the BIOS?

Sorry I havent been able to get on in a while because of school.

(08-30-2011, 06:26 AM)camiloml Wrote: "Maybe you need to tap one of the contacts on the PCI-e slot to make the card working."

I think camiloml meant taping, not tapping, one of the contacts, (pin 20 to be exact) on the wireless card. This blocks off information about the card being on/off from being sent to the computer but still allows the card to function, and it's pretty safe so I might as well give it a shot.

heres a link to that forum with alhaz

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...est?page=3

I'll let you know how it goes after trying this out.
find
So I recently found out that when your computer whitelists something, it does so as a bootup message in BIOS, rather than blocking the card's use during a session within Windows 7. I've always been able to start up my OS with the wireless card in the PCI slot.
It's strange though; any intel software I tried to install for the longest time would crash my computer, but after the BIOS mod by camiloml, it doesn't do it anymore. Maybe it did have something to do with the whitelist after all, but I can't be certain.

I have the option to decrease boot time enabled. It skips some checks during the BIOS check, so maybe turning that on will have it catch something it doesn't like.

So anyways, I put vinyl electrical tape on the correct pin like it is described in alhaz's post, and other than giving me some weird errors, the card still didn't work.

So then I decided to uninstall the driver that the card was running on; I had a suspicion that it wasn't fully installed because the last time I tried to install the driver, my computer blue screened and crashed.

Now that any software that I try to install from intel doesn't crash, I wanted to try to re-install the driver on the network adapter. I uninstalled the maybe-corrupt driver on it, and after trying to reinstall the driver using the appropriate software from intel, nothing happened.

I went to uninstall my intel PROwireless software which crashed at the end of the installation before the BIOS mod. Strange thing was, that it didn't show up in the control panel add/remove programs list...

So I just installed PROwireless again and it works fine now. I ran the manual diagnostics hardware check and it gives me an error message saying "Driver version does not support Intel ProSet/Wireless Wifi Software version 13.5.0.0"

Then I tried to use Windows Update to install the driver, it gave me a strange error message right after it says installing software: "The style of the INF is different than what was requested." Another odd discrepancy occurred here; in my device manager my card is listed as "Network Controller" but in the error message it gives the full name of the card; Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN.

I found out from forums on tomshardware that it supposedly just means that your regional settings aren't set correctly. I checked, and yep, everything is in English and United States.

I'm pretty confused. What could possibly not be allowing the card not to work???
find
Sorry, no idea. Sad

Is your system AMD based?

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
It's okay, you've done a lot to help; thanks very much for your service camiloml =)

But yes, it is AMD based; it's an APU chip on top of that. I've read that APU chips are not as straightforward to deal with as CPU's. The graphics processor and CPU are combined into one thing I believe, and the architecture is much different than that of a traditional CPU.
Maybe that's why Intel products won't work with the motherboard?

In either case, good sir, you have made a great effort, and a donation will be coming your way for your good work. Thanks very much!
find