Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6406
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14042
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424555
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3655
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119206
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6817
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 438
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309822
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 656
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20315
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169431
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6387
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 862

[Removed] dv5 1110em white list removal
#1
Hello Mate,
I got lovely dv5 1110em with 12 cell batery, 8 gig of ram win7 ultimate 64 bit and so on and so on.

I love this laptop but I am just about to crash it into bits.

Reason?

For days I am trying to find a way how to install the atheros xspan .

Of course I get the same massage like everyone else error 104...

Can you help?

If yes just mention how much donation I shell give for your supportive work and it will be done.

PS dont really want to buy me acer or some other laptop just because of the wireless card.
find
#2
While im still not s ure about removing the whitelist we could always "Edit it" by replacing the ID's of the Atheros Xspan into the whitelist Smile

In the meantime,if you want me to help by providing a modified bios then please reply to this post with details of existing wireless card and the new card. The info I'll need is the VEN_ ,DEV_ and SUBSYS_ id's.. Follow the steps below to get this information.

1. Remove existing wireless card from laptop, leave the access cover off.
2. Boot laptop and enter boot selection screen.
3. Install new card (whilst laptop is running), no need connect antenna wires.
4. Boot into windows and new card will appear as unknown device.
5. Now you can obtain exact ven, dev & subsys id's from device properties

[Image: dev-id.JPG]

We need this information for both your new card and the card that is currently in the machine.

Regards
Admin
find
#3
(12-24-2010, 09:09 PM)x3int Wrote: Hello Mate,
I got lovely dv5 1110em
For days I am trying to find a way how to install the atheros xspan .
Of course I get the same massage like everyone else error 104...
Can you help?

-Manufacturer: HP
-Model: HP Pavilion dv5-1100 series Entertainment Notebook PC (AMD Processors)
-Bios Revision: F.38
-Bios Release: 2009-11-20
-Bios link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501/sp46501.exe
-Bios Type: Insyde
-SLIC: HP 2.1
-Tools: Phoenix Mod Tool v1.64 + manual mod for whitelist removal
-Modifier: TTAV134
-Please provide feedback

WLAN whitelist check "removed" + SLIC 2.1

HP Pavilion dv5_1100_series_sp46501_SLIC21_no_whitelist_by_TTAV134.zip

Flash with InsydeFlash


find
#4
Hello Guys,
let me tell you that what you doing is real quality work.

I installed the modified bios F38 from TTAV134 and on this occasion I just want to say “quality”

Laptop booted up with no problems what so ever.

The only problem I had was that the wireless card was not detected so I installed some drivers that are supposed to be the right ones!

But it looks like they are not!

So now I am bit lost again.

On my wireless card it says that this is model number AR5BXB72 and I am desprate for win7 64bit drivers.

PS by the way I would like to make TTAV134 small donation for his good work.

Please send me your paypal info to info@x3int.net

The atheros wireless card currently assigned to the laptop:

pci\ven_168c&dev_001c&subsys_137b103c

xspann id:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_7125144F&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_7125144F
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&CC_0280

find
#5
Hello Mate,
just to keep everyone updated:

It seams that there is some other hack made by hp cause I just can not get it working.

I am now sure that I got all the right drivers installed and of course the wireless card got recognised by the system but I can not get the blue light working on my laptop.

The blue light means that my wireless card is sending and receiving.

When I turn on the wireless card it goes red blue red blue but it does not stay on blue.

Red means wireless card is off not receiving and blue means wireless card is on and receiving.

I really am confused now cause when the laptop first booted up after I used the modified bios I was so exited but this is changing again.

I got 3g modem connected to the computer and I have downloaded various right drivers for this card from various websites.

Each time I did delete the old drivers and installed the new ones.

Each time the card gets detected but I can not get it to send and receive so that the blue light stays on.

Really confused... any one any idea or the same problem like me?
find
#6
(12-25-2010, 11:43 AM)x3int Wrote: Hello Mate,
just to keep everyone updated:

It seams that there is some other hack made by hp cause I just can not get it working.

I am now sure that I got all the right drivers installed and of course the wireless card got recognised by the system but I can not get the blue light working on my laptop.

The blue light means that my wireless card is sending and receiving.

When I turn on the wireless card it goes red blue red blue but it does not stay on blue.

Red means wireless card is off not receiving and blue means wireless card is on and receiving.

I really am confused now cause when the laptop first booted up after I used the modified bios I was so exited but this is changing again.

I got 3g modem connected to the computer and I have downloaded various right drivers for this card from various websites.

Each time I did delete the old drivers and installed the new ones.

Each time the card gets detected but I can not get it to send and receive so that the blue light stays on.

Really confused... any one any idea or the same problem like me?

At boot time, press F10, then search where you can reset the bios to factory defaut. May can solve this strange issue.
find
#7
(12-25-2010, 12:15 PM)TTAV134 Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 11:43 AM)x3int Wrote: Hello Mate,
just to keep everyone updated:

It seams that there is some other hack made by hp cause I just can not get it working.

I am now sure that I got all the right drivers installed and of course the wireless card got recognised by the system but I can not get the blue light working on my laptop.

The blue light means that my wireless card is sending and receiving.

When I turn on the wireless card it goes red blue red blue but it does not stay on blue.

Red means wireless card is off not receiving and blue means wireless card is on and receiving.

I really am confused now cause when the laptop first booted up after I used the modified bios I was so exited but this is changing again.

I got 3g modem connected to the computer and I have downloaded various right drivers for this card from various websites.

Each time I did delete the old drivers and installed the new ones.

Each time the card gets detected but I can not get it to send and receive so that the blue light stays on.

Really confused... any one any idea or the same problem like me?

At boot time, press F10, then search where you can reset the bios to factory defaut. May can solve this strange issue.


Hello,
all sorted now...

I had to reinstall the os cause i was not going any where....

I still got this blue red light switching ... more red than blue but at least my wireless card is working now...
to test the speed or capability of that card that would be interessting to know :-)
find
#8
Hello Guys,
just to share few important bits of info.

I still got the red blue light flashing but i managed to stabilize the wireless connection by installing the wireless drivers from this site!

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

Its basicaly toshiba germany driver downloads site but it is highly recommended.
(12-25-2010, 07:57 PM)x3int Wrote: Hello Guys,
just to share few important bits of info.

I still got the red blue light flashing but i managed to stabilize the wireless connection by installing the wireless drivers from this site!

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

Its basicaly toshiba germany driver downloads site but it is highly recommended.

Atheros, Realtek, Intel, Broadcome all up to date drivers to be found here...

hope I helped someone...
find
#9
Hi,

I have the HP Pavillion 1100em and am trying to install a faster wireless card. I really need to get hold of the modded bios in the post above but the link no longer works. Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
find
#10


link fixed: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-dv...4#pid24424
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)