Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108104
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425694
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119731
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310654
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62241

[Request] HP-DM4-3000 (Intel) bios (DM4-3005tx) will donate!
#11
upppppppppppppppppp
find
quote
#12
upppppp
find
quote
#13
It is RSA signed, I modified the vbios for another user, and he wasn't even able to flash the modified bios... so it's not really worth the effort, unless you know a way to flash the bios.
find
quote
#14
Thank you for the reply. Do you know how to completely work out a BIOS mod that works even for RSA signed ones like camiloml?

I understand that for HP BIOSes, mods generally involve removing-replacing certain menus in order to get the requested feature revealed.

Also, would the InsydeFlash.exe that's bundled with the SP file work?

Appreciate the reply. Smile
find
quote
#15
Like I just said, the flashing is the issue, not the modifying. Even a slight change at the vbios (which is part of the bios) will render the bios unflashable, at least with the included InsydeFlash.
So it's not really worth spending time on unlocking it if you can't flash it after all.
find
quote
#16
So basically I'm locked out of flashing and there's no way to even test things out (even if it semi-bricks the laptop)?
find
quote
#17
Yes, well at least I don't know how to force the flash. There might be a way I don't know about.

Well, actually... you might be able to force the flash by using the USB recovery method, though I'm not sure whether this will work with a modified BIOS.
Does the USB recovery method work for you with a unmodified bios?
find
quote
#18
(10-02-2012, 09:59 AM)svl7 Wrote: Yes, well at least I don't know how to force the flash. There might be a way I don't know about.

Well, actually... you might be able to force the flash by using the USB recovery method, though I'm not sure whether this will work with a modified BIOS.
Does the USB recovery method work for you with a unmodified bios?

I could experiment this some time after. Need this computer right now, thanks for suggesting that.
find
quote
#19
uppppppppppppppp

I could try.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)