Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424385
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 272
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 200
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224393
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6779
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309684
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169255
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6337
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61190

[Request] Unlock CPU settings and other hidden settings for Lenovo j 3000 series BIOS
#1
Hello,
I'm very new to this site and community so correct me if I mess up with anything.

I have refurbished an old Lenovo 3000 J series (7387A11) and would wish to have its BIOS unlocked.

The BIOS version is 2NKT26AUS and I used the universal bios backup tool to back it up as I could not find it online.
BIOS file can be found attached below.
The tool backed it up as a ROM file so i'm not sure if that is the correct format or if it has to be .bin.

As I said before I am new to this forum and site so if I did anything incorrectly please tell me!
EDIT: Also if you need more information about BIOS I can provide it.


Attached Files
.rom   LENOVO-2NKT26AUS.rom (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#2
So I decided to go see if I could mod the BIOS myself just to see how it works and from what I have figured out, not all BIOS have hidden menus as I could not find anything related to overclocking or anything else after reading a tutorial. So i'm not sure if my BIOS truly has a hidden menu/option so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered something like this before.
find
quote
#3
Hi, I' ve open your backup file with phoenix bios editor, saw an Advanced menu there in setup table. but sorry for that I don't have the knowledge about unlock the bios menu.
find
quote
#4
(04-18-2017, 07:33 AM)WiDef Wrote: Hi, I' ve open your backup file with phoenix bios editor, saw an Advanced menu there in setup table. but sorry for that I don't have the knowledge about unlock the bios menu.

Thanks for trying Smile . I do have access to the advanced tab; I just need to see if there are any hidden options, though that may require changing the data using a hex-editor.
find
quote
#5
UPDATE!!!!!!
Turns out that the BIOS does contain overclocking options. I found some from looking at the strings in PBE. Unfortunately I can't figure out how I'm suppose to unlock them and they don't seem to be a part of the "advanced" tab. I will continue trying to see what I can find though I might need help from someone who is better at BIOS modding. I just started like a week ago :p.
find
quote
#6
Smile 
Another update!
I have found many settings related to CPU overclocking and I am slowly unlocking them using a HEX editor. It will take some time, however I have unlocked one submenu so far. If I am able to unlock everything, I will upload it to the Phoenix BIOS unlocked thread. Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)