Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 294
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55284
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40945
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64121
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167077
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317024
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Request for Dell XPS M1530
Information 
I don't know much about Bios Mods as of yet, but I'd like to get a custom bios mod to hopefully fix the problem I'm having with Dell's Media Direct function, I am hoping to either get a custom bios setting to turn it off or an entirely new bios that doesn't have the Media Direct associated with it at all.

Current Bios is A012 or A12(Seen it written both ways) http://downloads.dell.com/bios/1530_A12.EXE

If any other information is needed feel free to let me know.
And thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. The problem I'm having is that I cannot turn the computer off, windows will shut down as normal and then it'll click off and dell's media direct splash screen comes up and windows will boot right back up. I have completely removed the partition that had dell media direct on it by buying a completely new hard drive and everything on the laptop works fine except that it won't turn off unless I take the battery out. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I'd like the bios modded for additional options anyway as that is useful to me also.
find
(01-05-2015, 03:01 AM)theBebop Wrote: I don't know much about Bios Mods as of yet, but I'd like to get a custom bios mod to hopefully fix the problem I'm having with Dell's Media Direct function, I am hoping to either get a custom bios setting to turn it off or an entirely new bios that doesn't have the Media Direct associated with it at all.

Current Bios is A012 or A12(Seen it written both ways) http://downloads.dell.com/bios/1530_A12.EXE

If any other information is needed feel free to let me know.
And thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. The problem I'm having is that I cannot turn the computer off, windows will shut down as normal and then it'll click off and dell's media direct splash screen comes up and windows will boot right back up. I have completely removed the partition that had dell media direct on it by buying a completely new hard drive and everything on the laptop works fine except that it won't turn off unless I take the battery out. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I'd like the bios modded for additional options anyway as that is useful to me also.

Hi friend,
It is Phoenix Bios so ask directly to Steven (Sml6397 Moderator) as He is
Phoenix Bios expert !
I can only modify to introduce Slic 2.1 or NWL !
Regards 

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hello theBebop,

I will take a look at this BIOS image tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello theBebop,

Dell uses 2 styles of BIOS: Phoenix New-Style and Dell Phoenix. The latter is rare and I do not currently know all of the details about modding it. I am looking into a way to mod this type of BIOS. I cannot give you an exact time estimate on your BIOS mod yet, but there do seem to be quite a few interesting settings in it. I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Could you take pictures of your current BIOS menu screens please?

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Yeah not a problem at all, I'll post the pictures up tomorrow. Sorry for late reply things have been hectic at work the past two days haha. What are you specifically looking for pictures of on the bios? And thank you so much Steven for helping me out Smile
find
(01-06-2015, 07:06 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello theBebop,

Dell uses 2 styles of BIOS: Phoenix New-Style and Dell Phoenix. The latter is rare and I do not currently know all of the details about modding it. I am looking into a way to mod this type of BIOS. I cannot give you an exact time estimate on your BIOS mod yet, but there do seem to be quite a few interesting settings in it. I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Could you take pictures of your current BIOS menu screens please?

~Steven

Here's that picture you wanted.

[Image: NCM_01331_zps20a748fb.jpg]
find
Hey Steven, you find anything out for me?
find
Hello theBebop,

I have identified 1 of the 2 files within the BIOS image that I would need in order to mod it, but finding the second one will be difficult - assuming that Dell Phoenix even uses a structure similar to normal Phoenix BIOSes.

~Steven

www find
(01-10-2015, 12:27 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello theBebop,

I have identified 1 of the 2 files within the BIOS image that I would need in order to mod it, but finding the second one will be difficult - assuming that Dell Phoenix even uses a structure similar to normal Phoenix BIOSes.

~Steven

Hello Steven. Iam interested in this thread too, cause i have the same laptop, and would like to actually see this bios being unlocked. Since 2008 there were debates and someone actually tried to unlock, but all failed seems.
find