Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224760
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

Request for assistance with Fujitsu Lifebook T4220
#1
On to my other project...(this one should be much more doable)

My room mate has a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 (we call it a wannabe transformer, for being a laptop-come-tablet). Presently he is running a slightly lower end Core 2 Duo, and i purchased a T9550 to go in it and get him a little more power and better L3 cache. Ignoring all the complaints from Phoenix bios Editor, I've been able to pull the UPDATE.ROM which contains the CPU microcode. I'm working with a hex editor to implant the most current code in to support the T9550. Now, this -should- work just fine, as the specific chipset (Intel G35 I think?) is used in several other brands that support the processor, despite the chipset itself being limited to 800mhz bus with a 1066mhz bus processor...given that the rate is about 50/50, I firmly believe that the issue is more on whether or not a given manufacturer cared enough to update the bios to support said processor.

I am again using Intel's .dat package of microcodes for Linux usage (apparently they don't think I'm smart enough to hex edit this stuff in! Well poo on them!). I am trying to identify exactly WHICH microcode string I need, and worse comes to worst, I'll use my mother's Dell Vostro 1520 to do it (needed a new motherboard, and the replacement should be here in the next few days...it -does- support the T9550 even with the bus differences, although I haven't looked to see if they are using the same chipset, as a fried motherboard makes it hard to boot up windows and look with AIDA64). I'm looking at an id of 000006FBh for the Lifebook's present Core2...which my intel pack has 7 different files for. Does anyone know how to break down the file codes, or have suggestions for where to look?

Examples:
cpu000006fb_plat00000004_ver000000bc_date20101003.bin
cpu000006fb_plat00000008_ver000000bb_date20101003.bin

It's this plat and ver codes that are [censored] me up in these projects, as I cannot differentiate what they mean offhand...or should i just try to copy/paste all 7 codes in? Does anyone have suggestions on packing multiple code strings into a .rom file for packing into a bios? The UPDATE.ROM is straightforward enough but only appears to contain a single microcode info patch...can I just copy/paste all 7 codes into a single .rom, and have that work, or will I have to alter headers/footers? I mean, worst comes to worst, I'll just try it and see...just would prefer to have a little more info to work with so I don't brick his system...though the way the Phoenix editor seems to work, if it doesn't see anything, it just won't load any of it...

Still...advice and assistance would be lovely if anyone wishes to help. Either way, i'll update my progress as I go...

So after looking at the .ROM file, yes, they are just posted in sequence (I found, and subsequently updated, the information for 000006FA chipset via header, after pasting the first 000006FB chipset information in and watching it completely overwrite everything that had been in those locations prior to the paste...). I just pasted in all 7 microcode sets for the 000006FB identifier...saved the new .rom, and inserted it into Phoenix bios editor...and viola! So...first step down, as it seems to have liked my microcode building, and compiled a new BIOS...now, provided the T9550 Core2 is still a 000006FB and not 000006FD (and I'm half tempted to paste those in 2, just to be certain! What could go wrong, right?) this should work. I might still add in the 000006FD codes just to make sure, before flashing it over, and seeing if it still works...since if that step goes fine with the CURRENT processor, that's a good step...especially since the bloody thing has to be practically completely dismantled to install the new processor.

At least this is proving easier than the other project. When it's all said and done, I'll post up the bios file a la mod, and y'all what have one of these things can have an update to play with...I suppose the next step would be updating the SLIC for S&G, but not really certain I -need- to, as he's already running Windows 7...

...anyone wanna suggest the best flasher and recovery setup for what I'm scheming? I'm in (to me) completely new territory doing all of this, but [censored] this is fun to learn!

Ok, just to keep entertaining everyone who's laughing at my silliness with updates...

Apparently adding in the 12k to add in the 000006FD codes made the bios image too large...so, this shall take some tweaking. I think first I'll worry about if it works with the 000006FB codes as done so far, and then remove the 000006FA code to make room for the 000006FD codes one at a time...or just remove the first half of them, OR just put the 000006FD codes and dump the FA and FB codes should the D's be needed, as I just cannot see him downgrading with how much work this can come to be...nevermind that if he goes backwards, his basic bios as downloadable from Fujitsu would work just fine...live and learn! I still think it's silly that 12k was more than the bios image has left to work with lol
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)