Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6375
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14014
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424522
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224714
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119180
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6796
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 421
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309776
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61979
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20290
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169397
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6362
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837

[Test, sp52190] HP G62-A20EH BIOS Mod request.
#1
Hello! Smile

Could someone unlock the switchable graphics option in my BIOS ? I only need that, to be able to switch between the Intel HD and ATI 5470.

Notebook model: HP G62-A20EH
Insyde BIOS Download Link (F.47): http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52190.exe
Extracted BIOS (File Name 01439.fd) : http://www.mediafire.com/?9w3dm582raxl3c3

BIOS Setup Utility Screenshots:
[Image: QEEQXEtvAwMGB1pMRQVR]
[Image: QEEQXEtvAwMGB1pMRAVR]
[Image: QEEQXEtvAwMGB1pMRwVR]
[Image: QEEQXEtvAwMGB1pPEQVR]
[Image: QEEQXEtvAwMGB1pPEAVR]

Also what are the chances that I will brick my notebook ? It is very important for my work. And IF I brick it, is there a 100% chance that I will be able to recover it ?
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Bios is RSA signed, read the sticky threads to know the risks you will assume Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Although I'm really afraid to flash it. I read a lot of people here with the same laptop, they couldn't even make the laptop work again, after bricking it. Is it 100% it will fail ? Or it's like 50-50% ? Smile
find
quote
#4
Hmmmm, only god knows Smile

This mod is very light, nothing compared a whitelist removal, but being an RSA signed bios... everything could happen.

Maybe you flash it and all works fine, you enter bios setup and you are dead.

Normally by removing cmos battery and following exact steps with usb stick is possible recover it, but to be realistic not everybody who bricks his laptop manage to recover it. So ... it's your choice.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
I read on HP's website, that there is a partition called "HP_TOOLS", and there it saves my last known good BIOS. And if I start with Win+B it should recover the good one. I checked and I have that partition, and there is a BIOS folder, containing 3 other folders, named: Current, New, Previous. The "New" is empty, the other 2 has my current BIOS in 2 files: "01439.bin" and "01439.sig".

So, what do you think? Am I safe ?
find
quote
#6
Update: I tried, shut off the laptop, pressed win+b, and after ~30 seconds, it recovered the actual BIOS. 1 question remains: if I apply a hacked BIOS, and something goes wrong, will I still be able to restore the Original HP one ? It is on the HP_TOOLS partition.

Update 2: Okay, I've tried your modded BIOS. Everything went well, it updated the BIOS via UEFI, and restarted. I went into the BIOS, and saw the new menu called "Display Mode". It had 3 choices: Hybrid, iGPU, dGPU. I tried dGPU first. Saved, and exit. The Laptop went into the recovery mode, and recovered the BIOS. After I tried the iGPU, same thing happend. Atleast now I know how to NOT brick a HP laptop (I can write a detailed guide about it also, maybe it would help a lot of people - you could sticky it?).

My question is: Can you try to mod it somehow else, and shall I keep trying ? Or shall I face it, that it can not be changed ?

Regards,
fearking.
find
quote
#7
That's the only setting in the bios, no more to unhide related GPU selection Sad If that not works then we can do nothing.
Regarding the guide, write it, if i see it is worth stick it i will do Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
I noticed one thing: the graphic selection is under the "Main" Category. It should be under the System Configuration, no ?

Also, I found a thread on a website, this guy enabled the VGA selecet on a G62 also, by modifying some "eeprom.dat" via Notepad. And a guy on another forum said this: "I changed my bios choosing this option OS SKU:0 and now intel hd is disabled".

Do you have any idea how to do that ? Or what can I try ? I really want to disable that [censored] Intel HD, it's just causing troubles.

About the guide: give me a link to the section, where I should write it.

Regards,
fearking.
find
quote
#9
The post says exactly what to do, download the hpbfo100 tool, boot to DOS, run the tool and make an eeprom backup, then modify backup with text editor and then from DOS again restore to eeprom the modded backup. This steps can only be done by final user on his own pc, i cannot do for you.

Regarding the guide write it here.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#10
And what do you think, can I brick my lappy with such an eeprom backup ? Or is it safe ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)